Junior Graphic Designer
This role ensures all Little Journey’s communication is on brand. Through your design skills, we can ensure that everyone remembers what Little Journey stands for. You’ll play a key role in accomplishing Little Journey’s vision of supporting all children to better health through personalised care.
To engage children, parents, clinicians, clients and our amazing team, a lot of content is created daily. You will be responsible for assisting with the visual realisation of this content. You will ensure it fits with our brand guidelines and helps us achieve our goals, whilst also being able to constantly develop new skills yourself. You will be reporting into our experienced designer, Anna, who has a wealth of design expertise and help you establish in your career.
You will executive various online and offline communication items within our visual identity, from taking a brief through to delivery. You will work with our writers to produce final designs, create all sort of print materials to support our sales, and support with designing collateral for events and other promotions. You will also assist with building out designed content for our new brand streams.
- BSc in graphic design or similar + a minimum of 6 months industry experience (can be through an internship). You can demonstrate your work in a portfolio.
- Good illustration skills, you have an engaging, creative, playful design style, but can also support more corporate designs
- You have reliably delivered on deadlines in the past
- A keen eye for beautiful aesthetics, your work speaks for itself and people who see it, automatically love it and positively engage with it
Useful, but we can further up-skill you here:
- Testing graphics across various media to determine the best approach & reach (for example A/B testing)
- Overall product design, collaborating closely with product managers and engineers to create positive user experiences
Behaviours and values needed
- Endless creativity – you produce concepts we would have never thought of
- Determination and sense of urgency to get things done
- Collaborative – you believe a team comes to better insights and execution together
- Kind and nurturing – we work with children and our design materials should reflect these qualities
£23,000 - £25,000 salary based on experience
25 days annual leave pro-rata (plus public holidays)
£500 annual training budget
£200 home working budget
Flexible working within core hours
Friendly and collaborative team who value and respect each other
This role is based in Leeds, with flexibility to work from home and quarterly company-wide meetings in Leeds and London
About Little Journey
Little Journey was founded in 2018 by Dr Chris Evans and Sophie Copley. As an anaesthetic doctor and father himself, Chris witnessed first-hand the distress experienced by children and families coming to hospital for surgery. Partnering with Sophie, an expert in human-centred product design, they created a prototype version of the Little Journey app to support children undergoing elective surgery.
Since then, the business has accelerated quickly, having been adopted in more than 100 healthcare organisations worldwide. We also partner with leading organisations such as LEGO and top tier pharmaceutical companies. They provide us global access to paediatric services and clinical research, helping us reach more children. We received investment from internationally leading VC funds and are using this to scale further into other markets. Our technology is already available in 16 languages and counting!
Our teams are grouped into Product, Technology, Delivery, Operations, Commercial and Science departments, and we are hiring talent across all these functions to help us achieve our mission.
Diversity & Inclusion
We encourage people from all walks of life to apply and strive to eliminate unconscious bias in our recruitment process. We do not discriminate on ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or parental status or disability. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. If you need adjustments made to our application process, to help accommodate any disabilities, please do let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org