Sales Manager - DACH
We are now searching for a talented and driven Sales Manager to join our contracting team in Germany. The role can be based anywhere in Germany, but will require bi-monthly travel to either Hamburg or Munich for team meetings. Reporting to the Head of Contracting for the DACH region, this person will take responsibility for negotiating contracts for hotel products directly with suppliers in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the South Tyrol area.
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is one of the world’s leading members-only, online travel deals companies, offering inspiring travel experiences and hand-picked offers to over 60 million members worldwide. Operating in 10 countries across Europe, Secret Escapes continues to grow and establish itself as a world-class business, dedicated to giving our members the best range and value in luxury travel deals at low prices.
Secret Escapes operates a flexible working policy and in keeping with being an inspirational travel brand, we also have a ‘Work from Anywhere’ policy, so you can work from anywhere in the world for up to a month each year!
We’re a diverse and inclusive bunch of individuals from different backgrounds and with varied interests, but the one thing we all have in common is that we’re good people (even if we do say so ourselves!).
The Role & what you’ll do
As a Sales Manager at Secret Escapes, you will be responsible for identifying and maintaining business relationships with hotels across your designated region, aiming to drive the commercial growth of the company by securing the best deals for our customers.
Day to day, you will be:
- Building and developing a portfolio of hotels and products to create a diverse portfolio across your region and negotiating the best hotel deals to inspire our worldwide members to travel
- Maintaining existing relationships with a diverse remit of hotels in the region, from country hotels and spas, to chic boutique city hotels, as well as beach resorts and self-catering apartments
- Driving the commercial growth of your region by building strong relationships with decision makers in the supply chain
- Managing all elements of the contracting process from target identification and initial contact right through to pricing, contract agreement, allocation management and ongoing account management
- Reporting, evaluating and implementing suitable sales measures to optimise performance and growth
- Closely collaborating with other departments – particularly with Operations, Sales Steering & Revenue, Customer Service
The contracting team at Secret Escapes is made up of results oriented individuals who are committed to securing the best deals from curated hotels and resorts.
The team is a supportive and collaborative collective, focused on our mission to inspire the world to escape. We are open minded and use data and insights to devise hypotheses to test in as lean a way as possible. We are results oriented and focus on positively impacting targeted outcomes in the sweet spot between customer and business value generation.
You will bring:
- Excellent sales and business development experience, preferably within the travel industry
- A strong negotiator - able to close deals
- Experience of building strategic partnerships with business customers
- Good knowledge of hotel revenue management
- Fluent in German and English
- A target driven mindset with experience of working towards, and achieving, monthly targets
- Proven administrative and organisational skills, with the ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Commercial astute with high numeracy and analytical skills
And you are:
- Committed to your work, with an entrepreneurial ‘can do’ approach to business
- Target driven with a track record of hitting targets
- Analytical and have a commercial mindset
- Able to work in a dynamic environment and are solutions focussed
- Able to work independently to grow your region
We are an equal opportunity employer
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.