Application Support Engineer
We operate a range of bespoke software and providing solutions to our internal users is key to our success. As an application support engineer you will be working within one of the software development squads with an open-ended mission to eliminate support requests.
Secret Escapes is the world’s leading, members-only travel and experiences company. We inspire the world to escape by bringing hand-picked offers at unbeatable prices to millions of members worldwide across our Secret Escapes, Travelist, Slevomat, TravelBird and Pigsback brands.
Since our launch in 2011 we have welcomed over 60 million members globally. We’re backed by some of the smartest and most successful investors out there, including Google Ventures, and are a resilient, forward looking scale-up with big ambitions.
We transformed our business during the pandemic, pivoting our customer and supplier value proposition and are emerging stronger, more profitable and more ambitious than ever.
The role and what you’ll do…
As an Application Support Engineer you will have a lot of autonomy to help the team achieve our goals. You will be comfortable finding answers within the codebase to questions and issues raised within the company. You may already be familiar with Software Support roles, but hoping to have the chance to deliver on more structured software development goals.
Day to day you will be:
- Identifying and building solutions to eliminate repeat requests
- Improving existing systems and automating processes
- Working within agile frameworks to deliver software
- Responding to and prioritising internal requests raised via service management tools
- Troubleshooting technical issues across a range of in-house built applications
We are a diverse department, and teams are made up of developers spread across different locations, including UK, Germany and Poland and Germany. We communicate with each other using a variety of tools including Slack and Google Hangouts so even though geographically dispersed our teams are able to collaborate effectively
Continuous improvement is a key principle of the team and it's important that everyone is always improving both technically and professionally. The business supports development through individual development plans and personal budget for training.
You will bring…
- A fundamental understanding of an Object Oriented Programming language.
- Experience of debugging and troubleshooting application code
- Familiarity with database concepts
- An aptitude and willingness to learn and assimilate new technologies within our stack
- Awareness of Cloud and Infrastructure as Code technologies (AWS, Terraform, Ansible, etc)
And you are…
- Someone who is people focussed and enjoys working collaboratively to deliver solutions
- Obsessed with providing the best user experience
- Always seeking for ways to learn and grow
- Fluent in communications with both technical and non-technical audiences
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.