Phlux is a venture backed start-up building infrared sensors that will enable a connected and clean future. Phlux is an enthusiastic team of industry experts developing a new class of infrared sensors that will be at the heart of driver safety using LIDAR, securing communication networks with quantum cryptography, and seeing the invisible with 3D imaging.
The successful applicant will join our team at the launch of our first product range for optical fibre sensing, LIDAR, advanced driver assisted systems and security systems. We are looking to appoint a Quality Technician to reinforce the team and who will help to scale up manufacturing and testing capabilities and ensuring that all devices are compliant with internal and external customer quality requirements.
We’re currently a team of 10 people looking to scale to 15 by the end of 2024. The applicant should have excellent organizational and communication skills and be comfortable working with engineers, technical sales, and management.
We are looking to appoint a full-time Quality Technician to support our semiconductor manufacturing, testing, quality control and play a pivotal role in helping us to scale our world leading infrared sensor technology.
Typical tasks as Quality Technician may include:
- Collaborative development of new products and improve existing product and process quality.
- Characterize the optical and electrical performance of products against a required specification.
- Liaising with our supply chain to ensure that orders are shipped to customers on time and with required quality.
- Assemble infrared sensor prototypes using semiconductor device cleanroom equipment.
- Analyse device data and diagnose manufacturing problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain quality documentation of manufacturing and testing data.
- Provide technical support to daily operation activities.
- Maintain the work area safe, clean, and organized.
- Work in compliance with safety and environmental standards.
As fast-growing start-up there will be opportunity for the successful applicant to grow technically and professionally as the company scales. Not the least from opportunities to develop new technical and professional skills in semiconductor device process engineering or/and quality control.
We are looking for looking for candidates that can make a difference from day one. Candidates are likely to have the following qualifications and experience, but what’s most important is an eagerness to learn and develop.
- Best practice experience in laboratory or cleanroom.
- Customer and Quality focus mindset.
- An understanding of Lean Six Sigma.
- Adaptable to a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to take initiative and produce results.
- An investigative and analytical mind.
- A methodical approach to testing new processes.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a talented team.
- Ability to suggest and carry out practical actions to deal with operational issues.
- Open, honest, willing to learn and be flexible in its approach.
- Motivation for developing new technologies and seeing them through ideation to mass scale production.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of projects and work with a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Few years of professional experience in a similar environment are an advantage.
- Familiarization of team and technology.
- Trained in semiconductor characterization and clean room processes.
- Trained in Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Trained in our electronic documentation processes.
- Work independently to assemble and test devices following day to day planning.
- Trained in operational day to day activities.
- Familiarization with our operational and customer quality system.
- Training in data statistical analysis and process control.
- Ownership of semiconductor device final testing
- Working toward Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Ownership of assembling and testing.
- Key player for providing continuous improvement in our operational processes.
- Take in charge customer order quality control and packaging.
- Ensure that all operational activities are compliant with health & safety and best lab practice.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Share options with tax efficient EMI stock options.
- 33 days annual leave (including UK bank holidays) plus Christmas closure days.
- Exciting and dynamic work environment as part of a growing start-up.
- Pension scheme.
- Recruiting referral bonus scheme.
We work 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday. Working hours are flexible.
If you are thinking of taking the next step in your career, then we’d like to hear from you.