Senior Founders Associate
You will play a pivotal role in supporting our company's founders in various aspects of their roles. This position offers a unique opportunity to work closely with visionary leaders, contribute to strategic decision-making, and shape the future of our organization.
This position is based in Leeds or remotely in the UK.
Responsibilities include supporting strategy setting and departmental accountability for initiatives and delivery. OKR and KPI management are a key focus area of this role, and you will hold teams accountable for achieving their goals and reporting. You also organise Board Meetings, take minutes, disseminate and track actions. You always ensure company-wide communication about our vision, strategy, and priorities.
- Immediately: Gain an in-depth knowledge of our founders, their personalities, goals, and ways of working. Take a deep dive into our Senior Management Team’s challenges and start building the frameworks for our OKR implementation and tracking.
- 6 months: You have started executing the OKR implementation strategy and tracking, with positive feedback from our teams. You have also contributed key research pieces and administrative support for interaction with our investors.
- 12 months: We have successfully increased our business valuation as your efforts have helped our founders get there, by freeing up more of their time. We also have efficient OKR and KPI tracking in place, that the whole company is engaged in.
- Project Management and Strategic Thinking, having worked with OKR frameworks in a fast-growing company - Ability to develop and implement strategic plans to enhance operational efficiency and achieve organizational goals.
- Strong Communication – Assertive but empathetic, engaging, clear and kind, to facilitate effective communication with internal teams, investors, and clients.
- Problem-solving skills to address different business challenges, troubleshoot issues, and implement solutions in a timely manner. Discovering opportunities to help people succeed along the way.
Desirable, but we can support:
- Experience working in the healthcare sector
- Knowledge of enterprise sales / business-to-business partnerships
Behaviours and values needed:
- Leadership – you inspire and guide teams to achieve the company vision.
- Reflective – you gratefully give and receive feedback to continually improve yourself and your team.
- Results Oriented - Driven by results and focused on achieving goals and key performance indicators, measuring success through tangible outcomes.
- Adaptable – you are flexible in handling changing priorities and unforeseen challenges that arise. Your ability to remain reliable in these situations shows your resilience.
- 28 days annual leave pro-rata (plus public holidays)
- £500 annual training budget
- £200 home working budget
- Flexible working with core hours
- 6% pension match
- Enhanced parental and leave policies
- Friendly and collaborative team who value and respect each other
About Little Journey
Little Journey was founded in 2018 by Dr Chris Evans and Sophie Copley. As an anaesthetic doctor and father himself, Chris witnessed first-hand the distress experienced by children and families coming to hospital for surgery. Partnering with Sophie, an expert in human-centred product design, they created a prototype version of the Little Journey app to support children undergoing elective surgery.
Since then, the business has accelerated quickly, having been adopted in more than 100 healthcare organisations worldwide. We also partner with leading organisations such as LEGO and top tier pharmaceutical companies. They provide us global access to paediatric services and clinical research, helping us reach more children. We received investment from internationally leading VC funds and are using this to scale further into other markets. Our technology is already available in 16 languages and counting!
Our teams are grouped into Product, Technology, Delivery, Operations, Commercial and Science departments, and we are hiring talent across all these functions to help us achieve our mission.
Diversity & Inclusion
We encourage people from all walks of life to apply and strive to eliminate unconscious bias in our recruitment process. We do not discriminate on ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or parental status or disability. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. If you need adjustments made to our application process, to help accommodate any disabilities, please do let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org