Senior Project Manager
This role ensures our technology is successfully scoped and delivered to children and families through partnerships with our largest clients.
This position is Leeds based (hybrid) or remote in the UK. It might include occasional (inter)national travel.
You will lead and oversee various technology projects, scoping out proposals, estimate and plan budgets, timelines and resources, manage and triage requirements through Jira and keep the engineering, product, user research and design on track.
- Immediately: You will get to know the team and identify opportunities for improvement of project management in collaboration with our Delivery Lead and Senior Management Team.
- 6 months: The collaboration between Project Management, Product, Engineering, Sales and Finance has become optimal. You effectively create agreement on timelines, budgets and resources and all delivery and requirements are actively tracked through Jira, or other PM software.
- 12 months: Best practice for Project Management, in a fast paced start up is embedded into the organisation and has scaled across multiple squads. The key projects assigned to you have been delivered on time, budget and with a high customer and team satisfaction.
- Having been a responsible Senior Project Manager within a fast-paced environment, delivering a critical SaaS / App technology project, worth more than £500K for a blue-chip client
- Proven ability to work Agile, Kanban and closely collaborate with a variety of roles in a product driven company
- In-depth knowledge of project management tools like JIRA and effective ticket management
Desirable, but we can support:
- Prior experience in the pharmaceutical / clinical research industry
Behaviours and values:
- Excellent communication – you are genuine, engaging, easily achieve buy-in, persuasive in a non-pushy way and you can hold people to account
- You always aim for excellence but respect a pragmatic approach
- Low ego – the team and client come first. You win as a team, responsibility is shared, you believe in your colleagues capabilities and keep morale high
- Integrity – Good moral judgement, you always follow through on your word, your team will trust you and vice versa
- 28 days annual leave pro-rata (plus public holidays)
- 6% pension match
- £500 annual training budget
- £200 home working budget
- Flexible working with core hours
- Enhanced parental leave, family leave and women's health leave
- Friendly and collaborative team who value and respect each other
About Little Journey
Little Journey was founded in 2018 by Dr Chris Evans and Sophie Copley. As an anaesthetic doctor and father himself, Chris witnessed first-hand the distress experienced by children and families coming to hospital for surgery. Partnering with Sophie, an expert in human-centred product design, they created a prototype version of the Little Journey app to support children undergoing elective surgery.
Since then, the business has accelerated quickly, having been adopted in more than 100 healthcare organisations worldwide. We also partner with leading organisations such as LEGO and top tier pharmaceutical companies. They provide us global access to paediatric services and clinical research, helping us reach more children. We received investment from internationally leading VC funds and are using this to scale further into other markets. Our technology is already available in 16 languages and counting!
Our teams are grouped into Product, Technology, Delivery, Operations, Commercial and Science departments, and we are hiring talent across all these functions to help us achieve our mission.
Diversity & Inclusion
We encourage people from all walks of life to apply and strive to eliminate unconscious bias in our recruitment process. We do not discriminate on ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or parental status or disability. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. If you need adjustments made to our application process, to help accommodate any disabilities, please do let us know on email@example.com