Junior Product Designer
This role is central to Little Journey’s product at all touch points. Little Journey was co-founded by a design engineer, and our focus on fun and engaging design for children truly sets us apart in the industry and is invaluable in accomplishing Little Journey’s vision of supporting all children to better health through personalised care.
You will be responsible for contributing to the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design for Little Journey’s application and back-end platform, creating new product offerings and digital solutions. This will include using co-design and development techniques to undertake in-depth user research, producing flexible and forward-thinking designs, and working closely with the wider teams to produce branded content, materials, and collateral to support day-to-day business activities and events.
How will we measure success for you?
- Immediately: You are getting stuck in one of our largest projects, being guided by one of our senior designers whom you will be learning from
- 6 months: You will have settled into Little Journey and are used to our best practices, you should be able to work more independently and actively share ideas and suggestions
- 12 months: You have made key contributions to our client projects, that are now in the hands of users, and you can more actively specialise in certain areas in design that are of interest.
● A bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
● Working knowledge of the latest UX/UI design software (Adobe XD, Figma)
● Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (in particular, Illustrator, InDesign and XD)
● Aptitude with various social media platforms to allow for effective content creation.
Behaviours and values needed
● An enthusiastic individual who is willing to learn and passionate about their work
● A strong communicator with the ability and patience to present new concepts to healthcare professionals
● Responsive and open to focus group and user feedback, with the ability to adapt designs and content to meet user and company requirements.
● Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively, prioritising tasks for yourself and any external suppliers.
£24,000 - £26,000 annual salary
25 days annual leave pro-rata (plus public holidays)
£500 annual training budget
£200 home working budget
Flexible and hybrid working within core hours
Friendly and collaborative team who value and respect each other
This role is either based in Leeds (office based or hybrid) or home based, with quarterly in person team meetings.
About Little Journey
Little Journey was founded in 2018 by Dr Chris Evans and Sophie Copley. As an anaesthetic doctor and father himself, Chris witnessed first-hand the distress experienced by children and families coming to hospital for surgery. Partnering with Sophie, an expert in human-centred product design, they created a prototype version of the Little Journey app to support children undergoing elective surgery.
Since then, the business has accelerated quickly, having been adopted in more than 100 healthcare organisations worldwide. We also partner with leading organisations such as LEGO and top tier pharmaceutical companies. They provide us global access to paediatric services and clinical research, helping us reach more children. We received investment from internationally leading VC funds and are using this to scale further into other markets. Our technology is already available in 16 languages and counting!
Our teams are grouped into Product, Technology, Delivery, Operations, Commercial and Science departments, and we are hiring talent across all these functions to help us achieve our mission.
Diversity & Inclusion
We encourage people from all walks of life to apply and strive to eliminate unconscious bias in our recruitment process. We do not discriminate on ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or parental status or disability. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. If you need adjustments made to our application process, to help accommodate any disabilities, please do let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org