Senior QA Engineer
This role works hand in hand with our engineers and designers. You report into our Lead QA and give the seal of approval when you’re confident that every part of the applications dedicated to you runs smoothly. Our app helps children get back to playtime quicker after hospital visits.
A successful QA function is invaluable in accomplishing Little Journey’s vision of supporting all children to better health through personalised care.
In this role you are involved from the beginning of software development, challenge our thinking, suggest better ways, find problems, break, test and automate our QA processes for one of our workstreams. You are a safe pair of hands, and enjoy working with fun and engaging products.
To help more children, we need to implement our technology into as many hospitals as possible, support most healthcare procedures and reach our mission of supporting 1 million children in the process. In order to do this, our users need to love our app from the first moment they use it.
You are methodical and meticulous in your problem solving and documentation of problems and solutions. Most importantly is that your work ethic is defined by extreme ownership. You are our friendly, collaborative guard, getting us to successful releases.
How will we measure success for you?
- Immediately: You are creating test cases for new and existing functionalities in multiple workstreams. You will also take ownership of defects through resolutions.
- 6 months: You will have enhanced the regression test suite, and execute this against releases
- 12 months: You have become the single point of contact for assigned functionalities of our platform and application
What is next for you?
If you do an excellent job, and our organisation keeps growing, this role can take on testing our most complex and business critical applications. You can also mentor junior QA’s or eventually move into a Lead Engineer role or line management when the team is larger. We will work closely with you, through regular 1:1’s, and ensure you can accomplish our companies and your personal goals.
- Excellent command of test principles – you can steer our team towards the best methodologies and can recommend and implement tools.
- Used JIRA for bug tracking
- Proven experience with Manual Test Execution (App & Browser); preparing scripts for all phases of testing; Defect creation & triage; Exploratory testing; BVT; creating test documentation
- Collaborative communication style – confident making suggestions, driving best practices and accountability across the team
- Experience with UAT Testing
Desirable, but we can support:
- Familiarity working with healthcare related products, or in regulated environments
- Familiarity working with products for children
- API (Postman) testing
- Database (SQL queries)
Behaviours and values needed:
- Extreme ownership – you love taking responsibility, share successes with the team and learn from mistakes
- Endless curiosity – you assess problems from many angles, and have intrinsic drive to learn new skills
- Methodical and meticulous – you look for the 1% of improvements which compound over time
- Positive – can do attitude and pleasant colleague
Our Tech stackReact; Typescript; C#; .NET 5 (and above); Docker; MongoDB/Azure Data Studio (SQL); Elasticsearch; Terraform; GitLab; Jira; Miro; Notion – we evolve over time and everyone in the team influences our stack
Salary: £65,000 - £80,000 annually based on experience
25 days annual leave pro-rata (plus public holidays)
£500 annual training budget
£200 home working budget
Flexible working within core hours
Friendly and collaborative team who value and respect each other
This role is either based in Leeds (office based or hybrid) or home based, with quarterly in person team meetings.
About Little Journey
Little Journey was founded in 2018 by Dr Chris Evans and Sophie Copley. As an anaesthetic doctor and father himself, Chris witnessed first-hand the distress experienced by children and families coming to hospital for surgery. Partnering with Sophie, an expert in human-centred product design, they created a prototype version of the Little Journey app to support children undergoing elective surgery.
Since then, the business has accelerated quickly, having been adopted in more than 100 healthcare organisations worldwide. We also partner with leading organisations such as LEGO and top tier pharmaceutical companies. They provide us global access to paediatric services and clinical research, helping us reach more children. We received investment from internationally leading VC funds and are using this to scale further into other markets. Our technology is already available in 16 languages and counting!
Our teams are grouped into Product, Technology, Delivery, Operations, Commercial and Science departments, and we are hiring talent across all these functions to help us achieve our mission.
Diversity & Inclusion
We encourage people from all walks of life to apply and strive to eliminate unconscious bias in our recruitment process. We do not discriminate on ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or parental status or disability. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. If you need adjustments made to our application process, to help accommodate any disabilities, please do let us know on email@example.com