This role works closely with Science, Customer Success, and Product to operationalise our data. You will create a data flow that is reflective of Little Journey’s product evolvement opportunities, customer support and can facilitate executive decision-making. Our app helps children get back to playtime quicker after hospital visits.
This role is invaluable in accomplishing Little Journey’s vision of supporting all children to better health through personalised care.
Data Management and Engineering is key to the growth of Little Journey as it clearly shows the impact our product has in families, hospitals and clinical trials. We already have a data pipeline in place that tracks adoption and engagement of our application, but this needs to be further updated and expanded with new functions. In the future we also want you to build data applications that can track user engagement to clinical trial results. This helps us develop a product that’s even better at ensuring children achieve better healthcare results in clinical trials and hospital treatments.
Your work ethic is defined by extreme ownership. You take responsibility for your results and work collaboratively with our team to inspire each other and learn to always remain at the forefront of innovation
You will also have a strong moral compass, and respect the trust that patients and clients place in us to handle their data. Finally, you are used to explaining complex technical concepts into clear summaries for non-technical staff to make decisions.
- First 3 months: You ensure all back end is in order so our current data pipeline works consistently. You will also work on data visualisation to inform decision making. On our product roadmap by September.
- 6 months: Our Data pipeline is visualised and integrated into all relevant teams’ workflows to aid decision making. You have also built the foundation to handle Clinical Trial Data.
- 12 months: Based on your work, we continuously gather data throughout life sciences / clinical trial partnerships and support clinical trials in a more effective way
If you do an excellent job, our key projects exceed expectations, and you have the right traits and behaviours, there is an opportunity to progress into data science. Alternatively, you could grow further into the Data Engineering field and mentor / manage a team of juniors
- Excellent command of: Data Bricks, Data Factory and ELT. Good command of Azure data infrastructure is a plus
- Excellent command of Power BI and other relevant supporting visualisation tools
- Excellent Python programming skills
Desirable, but we can support:
- Experience integrating with FHIR & HL7
- Building some data science models
Behaviours and values needed
- Very precise and quality focused
- Highest ethical standards – you will be working with patient data
- Keen to explore the meaning behind requests, building innovative approaches for better models
- Able to navigate the fine line of perfection vs. speed
25 days annual leave pro-rata (plus public holidays)
£500 annual training budget
£200 home working budget
Flexible working within core hours
Friendly and collaborative team who value and respect each other
This role is either based in Leeds (office based or hybrid) or home based, with quarterly in person team meetings.
About Little Journey
Little Journey was founded in 2018 by Dr Chris Evans and Sophie Copley. As an anaesthetic doctor and father himself, Chris witnessed first-hand the distress experienced by children and families coming to hospital for surgery. Partnering with Sophie, an expert in human-centred product design, they created a prototype version of the Little Journey app to support children undergoing elective surgery.
Since then, the business has accelerated quickly, having been adopted in more than 100 healthcare organisations worldwide. We also partner with leading organisations such as LEGO and top tier pharmaceutical companies. They provide us global access to paediatric services and clinical research, helping us reach more children. We received investment from internationally leading VC funds and are using this to scale further into other markets. Our technology is already available in 16 languages and counting!
Our teams are grouped into Product, Technology, Delivery, Operations, Commercial and Science departments, and we are hiring talent across all these functions to help us achieve our mission.
Diversity & Inclusion
We encourage people from all walks of life to apply and strive to eliminate unconscious bias in our recruitment process. We do not discriminate on ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or parental status or disability. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply. If you need adjustments made to our application process, to help accommodate any disabilities, please do let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org
Something looks off?