Business Development Manager
The story of Zai
Zai is boldly transforming the future of financial services and powering our customers by making innovative financial services accessible to all.
The Zai brand focuses on mid-market and enterprise-level business customers in the world of integrated financial services, including payments, FX, fraud management, reconciliation and more.
Zai’s payment APIs are a core capability within its suite of embedded finance products and services, helping businesses manage multiple payment workflows and move funds.
Zai has over 150 employees, across APAC, Europe, the Middle-East, and the US. We are looking for skilled, motivated and passionate people who want to be part of the next generation of financial services.
Our Zai Culture values moving quickly, productivity and hard work and we achieve this through a sustainable work-hours environment which we strongly support through our People Leaders. We also focus on having fun across the Teams while we deliver great customer solutions.
To find out more about the 10-year history of Zai visit https://www.hellozai.com/
At Zai, we truly believe that our powerful payment collection platform takes the pain out of global online payments. And we want to shout about it. We are looking for an experienced payments focused Business Development Manager to join our high-performing team. You will grow our client base through expert cultivation of new, untapped business opportunities and relationships. You will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and make great connections with potential clients. You will also be responsible for achieving results in line with KPI’s and revenue targets, collaborating with marketing on demand generation strategies and tactics, tracking prospecting activities, and driving pipeline growth and sales results.
- Take a lead role in developing new-business proposals and presentations that create and nurture opportunities and partnerships
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a sales pipeline for short/medium/long term in accordance with targets
- Develop strategies and positions by analyzing new-venture integration
- Achieve Sales Goals
- Present the Zai products suite to C-Suite stakeholders & be able to articulate our strong value proposition and services benefits to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Generate new business opportunities by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify potential customers or partners.
- Utilise solution selling tactics, ask strong discovery questions, uncovering pains & problems from customers using a range of sales methodologies.
- Build and maintain relationships to influence long-term strategic direction, and act as a trusted advisor to our customers for their payment & FX requirements.
- Achieve significant revenue growth as a key outcome of your converted sales opportunities in line with KPI’s.
- Work directly with cross-functional teams (sales engineering, product & marketing) to discover & create new opportunities for growth.
- Generate strong relationships through events outside of your core hours such as Expo’s, MeetUps, Industry Panels, Industry influencers and key lead channels.
- Contribute to ad-hoc team projects that will further shape and refine our sales initiatives & growth in the region & globally.
- Overachievement of minimum Key Performance Indicators ( Revenue).
- Proactive outbound prospecting through Linkedin, Phone calls, meetings, outbound business canvassing, Google, Forums, Industry conferences or meetups.
- Accuracy and up-to-date lead activity management through sales cycle management in business systems (Outlook, Gdrive, Salesforce CRM etc).
- Engage in cross-selling activities of existing customers with new product suites to obtain a wider share of the wallet.
Skills & Experience
- At least five years experience in a Business Development role with a minimum of two years of Payments, Fintech or Institutional Commercial Bank experience.
- Successful track record of lead generation and lead qualification best practices.
- Experience in hunting sales opportunities ( Full Time BDM activities).
- A strong track record in B2B sales and negotiation.
- Proven established network of contacts extensively across Australia.
- Experience in a client-facing role within a rapidly growing organisation.
- Salesforce or comparative CRM
- Good Technical understanding of Payments technology (API’s, Reference Documentation, Payment flows and Diagrams).
- Experience in dealing with key influencers, C-Suite level / decision-makers within an enterprise.
- Domestic Travel and some interstate travel will be required as part of this role.
- Proficient in giving presentations
- Competent in the ability to forecast accurately
- You will be strong and determined, customer-focused with the ability to create, develop and execute sales strategies.
- Experience in high-level relationships with clients to create a lasting impact on our business
- Passionate about the business and its success.
In return Zai are offering
25 days of annual leave
12 weeks of paid parental leave
Working from Home Allowance
A fun and flexible Hybrid work environment
A new, best-in-class commission and bonus structure
Competitive salary packages & benefits while ensuring constant professional development with your line manager & our L&D programs.
Global market exposure in an agile & flat organization where your ideas and contributions will have strong impacts on the company’s growth and success.
A company culture with an innovative, inclusive & collaborative mindset where you will learn something new every day, alongside amazing professionals.
Our Equal Opportunity Employer Commitment
Zai are equal opportunity employers committed to creating a diverse environment for its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
If you require any specific assistance or a reasonable adjustment due to a disability, please let your recruiter know as part of your application and we will be happy to provide dedicated support.
Something looks off?