Are you an independent, highly skilled, passionate technical lead eager for your next opportunity?
Do you want to work for an innovative company that is just as invested in your progress? Then we want you!
About the Role
You will be responsible for leading a group of talented engineers and guide them in designing and implementing cutting-edge solutions. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring the growth of our engineering team while collaborating closely with engineering managers, product managers, QA analysts and engineers to ideate and develop scalable solutions that solve business challenges.
You will be able to produce clean and efficient code with an acceptable level of test coverage and collaborating with other developers with a mutual exchange of code reviews is expected.
Will you help to provide clean water to schools in Mexico? To find a better solution to protect astronauts? To invent the next multi-billion market breakthrough? At Wazoku, that’s exactly what we achieve as we; change the world, one idea at a time.
We do this through our enterprise innovation platform that help organisations to find that one person who has that one idea wherever they are to solve their smallest to biggest problems to generate solutions that truly change the world. We work with Global 2000 organisations from the likes of NASA to Nissan and GSK, helping them discover new products and services, continuous improvements, but also ways to sustain our planet.
We are a B-Corp, Carbon Negative, for-purpose organisation with recent funding from Octopus Ventures and we are growing.
Wouldn’t you want to be part of this? To be involved in a new breakthrough idea that helped change the world into a better place? If so – we would love to hear from you!
🛣️ If we don’t like the road, we pave another
🥇 Play & win as a team
💚 Give a shit, be the change you seek
🙋♂️ Accept responsibility before blame
- Lead a team of software engineers, providing technical guidance
- Drive the development of high-quality, scalable software solutions
- Act as a hands-on contributor, participating in the design and development of critical system components and able to roll up your sleeves and write code alongside your team
- Develop clean, secure, well-documented, and performant code with adequate test coverage using Python/Django in the backend and AngularJS/Angular in the front end
- Conduct and participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and adherence to best practices
- Provide expertise in addressing complex technical challenges and making informed decisions on technology selection and implementation strategies
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement
- Work with developers to build and maintain software, including automated tests
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Ability to hold a full conversation in English
- Proven experience leading a software development team
- Ability to evangelise proven software development standards, practices and techniques
- Good grasp of general web principals including web performance, security, responsive design & mobile constraints
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Strong hands-on experience in software development, including proficiency in programming languages and technologies relevant to our stack
- Strong knowledge of distributed version control systems such as Git
- Strong knowledge of software testing techniques such as unit, integration and automated browser testing
- Strong knowledge of Internet protocols and RESTful API design
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and lead by example
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking abilities
- Experience with software design and architectural principles
Nice to have
- Knowledge of client-side frameworks such as Angular or React
- Demonstrated expertise in data analytics, data science, or machine learning.
- Experience with data analysis, data visualization, and the use of analytics tools (e.g., Python, R, Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
- Familiarity with best practices in data-driven decision-making and analytics-driven insights.
At Wazoku we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What we offer
Although we work hard, we also recognise the importance of maintaining a proper integration of work/life priorities and providing a culture that encourages creativity and productivity. Our benefits include:
- $20+ USD contractual homeworking internet benefit
- Flexible Holiday that recognises employees are best able to determine when and how often they need to take time off to recharge their batteries, while still meeting their performance objectives
- Birthday day off
- Access to English lessons tailored to your needs
- Thanks Ben benefits, including $40 per month to spend on personal well-being.
- Excellent maternity and adoption policy – 18 weeks full pay and then a further 8 weeks at half pay if you wish to take it.
- Excellent Paternity pay – 4 weeks to be taken the year of the birth of the child, 4 weeks to be taken in the second year after the birth of the child.
- Social Events – Including company off-sites and summer parties, charity engagement and more
- December one week shut down over the holiday period
- 10 days paid sick leave.
- Mental Health Services
- Employee Referral Scheme – $1,000 bonus for every person you successfully refer
*Salary range $3000 - $3500 US monthly depending on experience*