Senior Principal Engineer
Are you a dedicated technologist with a penchant for front-end development? Eager to dive deep into innovative projects using your extensive full stack Python and Angular expertise? We're on the hunt for an individual like you, who thrives on challenges and is looking to grow with a forward-thinking company.
About the Role
As a Senior Principal Engineer at Wazoku, you will play an instrumental role in shaping the architecture and design of our SaaS platform as we scale. Your responsibilities will span the full stack, with an emphasis on the front end, ensuring seamless integrations and enhancing user experience.
You'll be working closely with Software Engineers, Product Managers, and Quality Assurance Analysts, fostering a collaborative environment throughout the software development life cycle.
Key technologies you'll work with include TypeScript & Angular for the front end, while also collaborating with our back-end team that utilizes Django & DRF.
Will you help to provide clean water to schools in Mexico? To find a better solution to protect astronauts? To invent the next multi-billion market breakthrough? At Wazoku, that’s exactly what we achieve as we; change the world, one idea at a time.
We do this through our enterprise innovation platform that help organisations to find that one person who has that one idea wherever they are to solve their smallest to biggest problems to generate solutions that truly change the world. We work with Global 2000 organisations from the likes of NASA to Nissan and GSK, helping them discover new products and services, continuous improvements, but also ways to sustain our planet.
We are a B-Corp, Carbon Negative, for-purpose organisation with recent funding from Octopus Ventures and we are growing.
Wouldn’t you want to be part of this? To be involved in a new breakthrough idea that helped change the world into a better place? If so – we would love to hear from you!
🛣️ If we don’t like the road, we pave another
🥇 Play & win as a team
💚 Give a shit, be the change you seek
🙋♂️ Accept responsibility before blame
- Architect and implement full stack solutions with a keen focus on usability, performance and security.
- Take ownership of our Angular SPA and guide its evolution
- Direct the back-end development of our enterprise platform and ensure its stability as its complexity grows.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to devise solutions for multifaceted problems.
- Mentor team members and participate in peer reviews.
- Ensure code quality, security, and comprehensive test coverage.
- Work closely with DevOps to plan our infrastructure enhancements as they related to our codebase.
- Previous experience as a Principal Developer
- Detailed knowledge of web fundamentals, including web performance, security, REST APIs, and responsive design.
- Expertise in building enterprise SaaS applications.
- Familiarity with python-based server-side frameworks, Django being preferable.
- Strong knowledge of software testing techniques and a proponent of TDD.
- Expertise in Angular and Typescript.
Nice to Haves
- Experience mentoring and leading teams
- A strong set of communication skills
- Experience in AngularJS and migration to Angular
At Wazoku we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
What we offer
Although we work hard, we also recognise the importance of maintaining a proper integration of work/life priorities and providing a culture that encourages creativity and productivity. Our benefits include:
- Flexible holiday policy that recognises employees are best able to determine when and how often they need to take time off to recharge their batteries, while still meeting their performance objectives
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Excellent Parental leave policies to support our working parents through all stages of their life and careers, including 26 weeks maternity and adoption leave, and 8 weeks paternity leave.
- Flexible/remote working including flexible hours
- December one week shut down over the holiday period
- Salary Sacrifice Pension scheme - we match up to 5%
- Complimentary Mental health service – We are partnered with InsideOut, an on-demand mental health platform, dedicated to breaking down social stigma and opening up the mental health conversation. Everyone has mental health and we couldn't support their mission more. Employees can join at any time
- Social Events – Including company offsites, summer & Christmas parties, charity engagement and more
- Great vouchers and offers through our Thanks Ben platform
- £30 per month to spend on your own personal Health and Wellbeing
- Birthday Day Off
- 10 days paid sick leave per year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme – £1,000 bonus for every person you successfully refer
- Anniversary bonuses
Salary circa £100,000 per annum depending on experience