You will be working within our Operations team, reporting to the Senior Reconciliations Manager and working as a team of four you will be responsible for the completion of internal / external reconciliations across Vitesse.
· Monitoring of operating accounts, ensuring reconciliations are performed accurately and within defined timeframes.
· Escalation of items that present risk.
· Posting reconciliation items within internal systems and utilising 3rd party tools.
· Ad hoc project work related to reconciliation, including, but not limited to Product initiatives, Audit requests, Regulatory requests.
· Assisting the Senior Reconciliations Manager with monitoring and managing day-to-day processing activity.
· Monitoring and reporting on bank positions / balances.
· Performing internal reconciliations.
· Identifying improvements and suggesting solutions for operations workflow and communicating these.
This role would suit someone with experience in reconciliations and fast paced operations gained within financial services. The candidate must be a self-starter and have a resilient mindset with a passion for improving processes. Any experience with the building and deployment of 1st line controls would be advantageous.
· 2+ years' experience in settlement or reconciliation operations.
· Knowledge of global payment routes and reconciliation best practices.
· Have a solid understanding of reconciliations and exception management.
· Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
· Familiar with process mapping and the development of operating procedures.
· Experience in testing or development of 1st line controls.
· Technical ability; familiar with using 3rd party reconciliation tools.Benefits
- 25 days Holiday per year + Bank Holidays
- Hybrid working arrangements.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Parental leave.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- Access to Oliva our Mental Health Therapy partners
- Discounted Gym membership
- Financial Coaching with Octopus Wealth
- 2 days of volunteering leave per year
- Sabbatical after 5 years' service
- Ongoing Learning and Development to support you reach your career goals.
We understand that everyone has their own work rhythm, and we believe in a flexible working schedule that supports a healthy work/life balance. We offer a hybrid work approach with 2 days in the office.
We are Vitesse - the treasury & payment provider of choice for the insurance market.
Formed in 2014 by a team of proven FinTech entrepreneurs, we are an FCA regulated payments business that is driven to be the payment partner of choice for the insurance market, by providing global payment services and treasury optimisation. Operating one of the largest domestic banking and payment settlement networks in the world, we give our customers direct access to more than 170 countries and territories, covering over 110 currencies. Through a single integration, insurers can use this network to pay claims in as fast as 45 seconds, delivering a better customer experience to their claimants. Our market-leading treasury optimisation service brings complete control and transparency to insurers and allows them to have their money in the right place, at the right time, to make that all important payment - fast, and when their customers need it most.
With now over 150 employees across Europe and our London headquarters, $26m series B funding in 2022 in the bag and approaching £8bn in processed transactions, we are only just getting started.
Partnering with some of the biggest insurance leaders including Lloyd's of London and Many Pets, we take huge pride in our company culture, ensuring that everyone has a part to play, an opportunity to be heard, be involved, and the ability to make a real difference.
As we continue to scale up, we want like-minded humans to join us on this exciting journey. Are you ready?
Vitesse at our best
Our values are important, and we strive to keep them at the heart of everything we do
We don't do ego and we know that unless we all win, none of us win. We admit when we're wrong, ask for help and always think about the wider business before ourselves.
Driven to Succeed
We see the opportunity ahead of us and we won't stop until we fulfil the potential we know we have. We hold ourselves to high standards and deliver high quality outcomes for Vitesse and our customers.
We take ownership for our actions and decisions, and face into the challenges that come our way. We are committed to seeing things through to completion, even in the face of adversity.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that enables everyone to perform at their best, where we recognise the rights of all individuals to mutual respect and where there is an
unbiased acceptance of others. Our policies and practices aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of Unfair discrimination and values the diversity of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect.