Joining our in-house legal team on a 12 month maternity cover contract starting in September, you will have the opportunity to build strong expertise in the payments sector and be directly involved in the growth of Vitesse. You will work autonomously as well as with other teams including compliance and sales.
- Review and draft commercial contracts and advise the business on key risks.
- Negotiate commercial contracts including our Payment Processing Agreement, NDA’s, supplier contracts.
- Manage all contract templates including making updates and ensuring sales are using the correct versions.
- Support the sales team in answering legal questions asked by prospective clients.
- Work closely with the Sales Team at various stages of the contracting process. To include
- Supporting the pre-contracting process, e.g., inputting and reviewing RFIs and RFPs in line with contracting guidelines and best practices;
- Advising on legal issues regarding contracts and assisting with contract renewals and terminations;
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (external clients, partners, external counsel, etc).
- Develop integrated relationships and credibility with key members of businesses and across functions.
- Liaise with and manage relations with relevant stakeholders (including business / tech / HR and marketing) to deliver a high standard of legal advice, acting as the initial point of
contact / support and trusted adviser.
- Ensure contracts are managed effectively and provide teams with timely response and updates.
- Be part of and work with the in-house data protection committee to continually monitor and improve data protection documentation used by the business.
- Work closely with the compliance and risk team to aid onboarding processes.
- Contract management, ensure all contracts are saved in the correct locations.
- Provide training to the business where necessary.
- Carry out legal research as and when required.
- Manage relationships with external counsel.
- Support various projects and agreements within the wider business.
- Provide regular updates/reporting to key stakeholders regarding key legal issues, status of current matters and projects.
WHO ARE YOU?
- UK qualified solicitor with 2-4 years PQE with commercial contracts experience, preferably in house.
- Ideally 2+ years in the fintech/payments/insurance industry.
- Exposure to and experience within the fintech startup space preferred although not essential
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Expertise in contract negotiation and contract management.
- A solutions-focused, engaging approach whilst maintaining a high degree of professionalism, ethics, and integrity.
- Demonstrable commercial experience and in-depth knowledge of supporting commercial negotiations.
- Experience dealing with the payments and insurance industry as well as knowledge of Payment Service Regulations.
- An agile (think on your feet and flexible around business priorities), hands-on professional with a keen sense of initiative, proactivity, and an investigative mind-set.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong organisational skills and judgement, excellent analysis, drafting and negotiation skills.
- Independent, hardworking, organised and the ability to prioritise and manage numerous projects simultaneously along with the ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- An ability to provide incisive, pro-active advice and sound commercial legal judgement.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days Holiday per year + Bank Holidays
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Parental leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- Access to Oliva our Mental Health Therapy partners
- Discounted Gym membership
- Financial Coaching with Octopus Wealth
- 2 days of volunteering leave per year
- Sabbatical after 5 years’ service
- Ongoing Learning and Development to support you reach your career goals
We understand that everyone has their own work rhythm, and we believe in a flexible working schedule that supports a healthy work/life balance. We offer a hybrid work approach with 2 days in the office.
We are Vitesse – the smart way to make global payments.
Formed in 2014 by a team of proven FinTech entrepreneurs, we are an FCA regulated payments business that is driven to be the payment partner of choice for the insurance market, by providing global payment services and treasury optimisation. Operating one of the largest domestic banking and payment settlement networks in the world, we give our customers direct access to more than 170 countries and territories, covering over 110 currencies. Through a single integration, insurers can use this network to pay claims in as fast as 45 seconds, delivering a better customer experience to their claimants. Our market-leading treasury optimisation service brings complete control and transparency to insurers and allows them to have their money in the right place, at the right time, to make that all important payment - fast, and when their customers need it most.
With now over 140 employees across Europe and our London headquarters, $26m series B funding in 2022 in the bag and approaching £8bn in processed transactions, we are only just getting started.
We are collaborative, customer centric and work with integrity, whilst partnering with some of the biggest insurance leaders including Lloyd’s of London and Many Pets. We take huge pride in our company culture, ensuring that everyone has a part to play, an opportunity to be heard, be involved, and the ability to make a real difference.
As we continue to scale up, we want like-minded humans to join us on this exciting journey. Are you ready?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that enables everyone to perform at their best, where we recognise the rights of all individuals to mutual respect and where there is an unbiased acceptance of others. Our policies and practices aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of Unfair discrimination and values the diversity of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect.