Working alongside the Payments Supervisor you'll be responsible for the processing of payments and taking a proactive approach to resolving queries and incidents. Partnering collaboratively with stakeholders and senior managers alike you'll take a lead on suggesting process improvements, minimize repeated occurrences whilst making suggestions to enhance the customer journey here at Vitesse.
What you'll be doing
- Processing daily payments via Vitesse’s inhouse systems & external Banking partners, both inbound and outbound
- Ensure all payments tasks are completed accurately and within a timely manner.
- Continuously develop understanding of payment, settlement, and system workflows, acting as a subject matter expert making sure adequate documentation is in place and remain up to date
- Identify improvements and suggest solutions for the operations system and workflow and communicating to Operations Manager
- Support Product and Tech Teams to address issues during development /testing phases
- Help build and maintain the reputation of Operations
- Identifying non-standard payments and account behaviour and finding short/long term solutions
- Develop subject matter expertise of Vitesse’s end-to-end payment flow through system and pay-out routes
- Conducting daily checks on processes and escalating when required
- Working closely with Operational Control teams to ensure prompt closure or escalation of exceptions
- Pro-actively engage Support, Service, and Commercial teams for a processing issue with client impact
- Proven experience in settlement or payment operations
- Experience within Financial Services and knowledge of global payment routes, including but not limited to; SWIFT, Faster Payments, ACH, SEPA.
- Have a solid understanding of payments, reconciliations, and exception management
- Familiar with process mapping and the development of operating procedures
- Committed to providing exceptional customer experience through a process driven approach
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- A team player who thrives on connecting with people from all areas of the business
- Resilient, self-starter with a mindset to improve process
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- An effective communicator able to build meaningful relationships with Stakeholders and Managers alike
What We Offer
- 25 days Holiday per year + Bank Holidays
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Parental leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- Access to Mental Health Therapy
- Discounted Gym membership
- Financial Coaching with Octopus Wealth
- 2 days of volunteering leave per year
- Sabbatical after 5 years’ service
- Ongoing Learning and Development to support you reach your career goals
We understand that everyone has their own work rhythm and we believe in a flexible working schedule that supports a healthy work/life balance. We offer a hybrid work approach with 2-3 days in the office.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to both learn and contribute to all aspects of a fast-growing fintech company, within the payments sector and supporting major corporate clients within, amongst others, the Insurance and Financial Services sector.
We are Vitesse – the smart way to make global payments.
Formed in 2014 by a team of Proven FinTech entrepreneurs, we are an FCA regulated payments business that provides global payment services to a range of insurers. Operating one of the largest domestic banking and payment networks in the world, we give our customers direct access to more than 170 countries payment networks, covering over 100 currencies. Through a single integration, merchants gain access to in-country payment routing, resulting in significantly lower payment costs and much faster delivery.
With now at 150 employees across our EU and London headquarters, $26m series B funding in 2022 and over £6bn in processed transactions we are only just getting started. We are collaborative, customer centric and work with integrity whilst partnering with some of the biggest insurance leaders including Lloyds of London, Many Pets and Chubb. We take huge pride in our company culture, ensuring that everyone has a part to play, an opportunity to be heard, be involved and make a real difference. As we continue to scale up we want like-minded humans to join us on this exciting journey. Are you ready?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that enables everyone to perform at their
best, where we recognise the rights of all individuals to mutual respect and where there is an
unbiased acceptance of others. Our policies and practices aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of Unfair discrimination and values the diversity of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect.