Business Development Director
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
This is a unique opportunity to lead a dynamic sales team and play a pivotal role in expanding our presence within the insurance sectors, specifically within the context of cross-border payments solutions. You will have the chance to work alongside industry experts, develop innovative sales strategies, and contribute to the growth of our organisation.
If you are a strategic leader with a passion for sales, a strong background payments, treasury and open banking, and a proven ability to drive revenue growth we invite you to apply and be a key player in our success story.
- Ownership of the full sales lifecycle from prospect through to revenue generation.
- Deliver against a business revenue target to achieve the growth aspirations of Vitesse with a focus on decreasing time to revenue generation.
- Ongoing ownership and development of the early stage of the client relationship, prior to handing over to the Relationship Management team.
- Working closely with Sales Operations by converting generated leads and providing input to the lead generation process to bolster the longer-term sales pipeline.
- Gathering / understanding industry intelligence and client requirements to support the Product team in continual development of our Value Proposition.
- Working in partnership with our Implementation management team, develop realistic client ramp-up plans, ensuring we are understanding and maximise share of wallet and cross sell opportunities to deliver mutual relationship value.
- Deliver against and provide input to the Insurance go to market strategy as defined by the CCO and wider business.
- Work in partnership with Sales Operations, providing live feedback on internal and customer facing sales processes to reduce time to go live and revenue generation.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 10+ years’ experience in consultative sales positions, within insurance, payments, treasury, banking or open banking
- Proven people manager, confident in leading teams and acting as a mentor.
- Experience selling to large multinational companies
- Experience with the insurance sector either with third parties, carriers or coverholders
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic and cross border payments
- Flexibility to travel occasionally within the EU and US
- Excellent communicator. You should be a people person with a proven track record of establishing, building and maintaining strong, high-value client relationships
- Knowledge of the Insurance Industry best practises particularly in respect to their banking and payments requirements.
- Passion for fast paced scale-up's with a mentality to get your hands dirty. You will be expected to provide live feedback on improvements to propositions, internal processes and ways of working
- A team player, with the ability to relate well with co-workers, customers and partners and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, self-driven, and make pragmatic decisions when necessary
WHAT WE OFFER
- 25 days Holiday per year + Bank Holidays
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Parental leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
- Access to Oliva our Mental Health Therapy partners
- Discounted Gym membership
- Financial Coaching with Octopus Wealth
- 2 days of volunteering leave per year
- Sabbatical after 5 years’ service
- Ongoing Learning and Development to support you reach your career goals
We understand that everyone has their own work rhythm, and we believe in a flexible working schedule that supports a healthy work/life balance. We offer a hybrid work approach with 2-3 days in the office.
We are Vitesse – the smart way to make global payments.
Formed in 2014 by a team of proven FinTech entrepreneurs, we are an FCA regulated payments business that is driven to be the payment partner of choice for the insurance market, by providing global payment services and treasury optimisation. Operating one of the largest domestic banking and payment settlement networks in the world, we give our customers direct access to more than 170 countries and territories, covering over 110 currencies. Through a single integration, insurers can use this network to pay claims in as fast as 45 seconds, delivering a better customer experience to their claimants. Our market-leading treasury optimisation service brings complete control and transparency to insurers and allows them to have their money in the right place, at the right time, to make that all important payment - fast, and when their customers need it most.
With now over 150 employees across Europe and our London headquarters, $26m series B funding in 2022 in the bag and approaching £8bn in processed transactions, we are only just getting started.
We are collaborative, customer centric and work with integrity, whilst partnering with some of the biggest insurance leaders including Lloyd’s of London and Many Pets. We take huge pride in our company culture, ensuring that everyone has a part to play, an opportunity to be heard, be involved, and the ability to make a real difference.
As we continue to scale up, we want like-minded humans to join us on this exciting journey. Are you ready?
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that enables everyone to perform at their best, where we recognise the rights of all individuals to mutual respect and where there is an
unbiased acceptance of others. Our policies and practices aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of Unfair discrimination and values the diversity of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people fairly and with dignity and respect.