Quality Engineering Intern
We’re a London and Sri Lanka-based startup developing a pioneering platform in the Customer Success space for B2B tech companies. We are not a services company, we are a tech company developing a product. With our recent $4.7M funding, we are in a fast growth phase, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to put the customer at the center of every organization. With complex data analytics and productivity features at its core, Velaris helps modern B2B tech companies understand their customers better and guide them.
We believe diversity adds incredible value to our teams, products, and culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels included and has the chance to make a real impact. Because of this, we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
Velaris is growing fast!
We are currently on the lookout for Quality Engineering Interns to join our team. If you enjoy problem-solving, are always curious, and aren't afraid to push the boundaries of what's possible, we want to hear from you. Come join us so that we can influence how businesses make their consumers successful.
What will you be responsible for?
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools like Selenium, Jmeter etc.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when needed.
- Liaise with internal teams to identify system requirements.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and technologies.
What do you need to have to apply for this position?
- Undergraduate following a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Good knowledge of Java or any other programming language.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English - both writing and speaking.
- Full of team spirit and can-do attitude.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, being open-minded and wanting to work in a dynamic environment.
What you’ll find while working at Velaris - the Velarian DNA
Be bold and own it - Ideas inspire us but action is what defines us. When we see a problem, we move to solve it. We collaborate, communicate, and are accountable for what we do individually, as well as a team.
Never settle - We know there's always a better way. We ask why, we challenge our ideas, and we're not afraid to experiment because we believe there's always an opportunity to do better.
Good vibes - We are naturally positive, we don't take ourselves too seriously and enjoy a good laugh, even at our expense. We don't complain about challenges, we look for solutions! Good vibes are the best medicine for tough times.
Practice Karuna - We are empathetic but we don't stop there. We go beyond to help out our colleagues, customers, and stakeholders.
We are better together - Above all, we are a team. We strive to create an environment that is encouraging, motivational, and supportive.
Why you should join Velaris?
- Salary above market rate
- Free food if you are in the office
- Free accommodation
- Work from anywhere in Sri Lanka (We have an excellent office too!)
- Health/Life Insurance
- Work with international team members
- Monthly team events so we can have fun!