Legal Counsel - Commercial
Turtl is an exciting software company with more than 300 customers around the world and 120+ employees based in London and Boston.
Our software enables anyone to create, personalize, publish and track digital documents - with no need for specialist design or coding skills. By putting performance at the heart of their digital document strategy Turtl helps businesses reach their pipeline and revenue objectives. Turtl is used by businesses of all sizes, from small organizations to big names, such as Cisco, Nestle and Lexus. There’s huge potential for growth given the wide applicability of our software and the clear value we’re delivering for our customers.
It’s a fast-paced work environment, so we’re looking for talented people who want to continuously learn and actively embrace change and challenges. You’ll find Turtl a straightforward and open place to work, where colleagues can be relied on to help.
If you’re ready to take that next step in your career, then it’s a great time to be joining the team!
Our London office is located within WeWork, Liverpool Street, a unique coworking space in the heart of East London's tech hub. With an open-plan space, ideal for collaborative working and networking, this is home to a broad range of teams including Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, Account Management, Finance, Legal and People teams. We have a on-site cafe, wellness room, weekly wellness and cultural events, as well as fully stocked kitchens within the building.
Reporting into the General Counsel & Director of Customer Success, your primary role will be to support the Sales teams in concluding customer contracts. This will include reviewing and negotiating SaaS agreements with our enterprise clients and helping to further develop the legal framework and infrastructure to support business growth. You’ll enjoy a broad role across multiple business departments and operational territories in the UK, US & Slovenia.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be a business enabler by supporting the sales and customer management teams in all aspects of customer agreements, from developing internal strategy, NDAs, through to negotiation and closing of full SaaS agreements.
- Managing the entire flow of all contracts, including reviewing, drafting, negotiating, and execution.
- Leading the effort to resolve the majority of customer queries and concerns in contract negotiations, including collaboration with internal stakeholders on specific areas of concern.
- Assisting with the legal review and response to requests for proposals.
- Assisting with maintenance and improvements of contracts management processes and systems as well as the implementation and enforcement of contract policies.
- Provide invaluable administrative support to our General Counsel, including conducting research.
- You are NQ to 2+ PQE or have extensive contract management experience in the tech/SaaS space.
- Have prior knowledge of the UK legal system by way of a degree, professional qualification, or other recognised certification.
- Proficiency in data privacy rules and data processing agreements.
- Clear understanding of contract terms and compliance obligations.
- You have strong negotiation skills for customer-facing interactions.
- Ability to act as a cross-functional advisor to support different teams with strategy, negotiation and execution on contract agreements.
- You have great communication, prioritization, organisational and attention to detail skills.
We offer a competitive base salary, share options within Turtl, plus up to 25 days of holidays (plus bank holidays), as well as a birthday day off. Funded by Turtl, you’ll be enrolled in our workplace pension, life assurance and Benefit Hub schemes. We offer our employees a flexible approach to hybrid working where they can split their time between working from home and the office.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
Turtl is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to growing a diverse workforce that represents all people regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or neurodiversity. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will make any recruitment or interview adjustments that will ensure a comfortable candidate experience.