Junior Data Analyst
Turtl is an exciting software company with more than 300 customers around the world and 120+ employees based in London and Boston.
Our software enables anyone to create, personalize, publish and track digital documents - with no need for specialist design or coding skills. Turtl is used by businesses of all sizes, from small organizations to big names, such as Cisco, Nestle and Lexus. We think there’s huge potential for growth given the wide applicability of our software and the clear benefits we’re hearing from customers.
It’s a fast-paced work environment, so we’re looking for talented people who want to continuously learn and actively embrace challenges. You’ll find Turtl a straightforward and open place to work, where colleagues can be relied on to help.
If you’re ready to take that next step in your career, then it’s a great time to be joining the team!
The Junior Data Analyst reports to the Head of Data Science and is responsible for implementation of easier to intermediate analytical requests and acts as a coordinator between stakeholders with analytical requests and the team involved in implementing those requests.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Implementation of business analytical requests as interactive data reports.
- Guiding stakeholders in defining outcomes and managing their expectations about delivery scope and timeline.
- Assessing data availability and quality, by defining initial metrics and performing exploratory data analysis, so that before implementation the requirements are well aligned, data availability and quality is thoroughly checked.
- Proactive discussion with stakeholders to clarify requests and closely working with the data engineering team, ensuring data availability & quality.
- You are passionate about data analytics or science and have some professional or academic experience working in this field.
- You have basic python skills to manipulate pandas dataframes, produce visualization, build jupyter notebooks or interactive data apps (Hex notebooks or similar).
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL for data analytics. Such as writing clear, concise sql queries, using CTAs, cases, aggregations, window functions, joins, working with nested fields, and proficient usage of sql documentation.
- You have exploratory data analysis skills to check availability and quality of data in dwh/data lake.
- You have analytical mindset, with high standards for the quality of outputs, and reverse-engineering / debugging skills for cross checking and validating the correctness of produced analysis.
- You have proactive project management skills, with the ability to guide the request formulation, manage requestors expectations, and manage many projects simultaneously, with excellent coordination and follow-up skills.
- A competitive base salary of approx €36k - €43k (depending on experience).
- The potential for Stock Options.
- A great opportunity to grow and develop new skills within a supportive and collaborative environment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
Turtl is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to growing a diverse workforce that represents all people regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or neurodiversity. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will make any recruitment or interview adjustments that will ensure a comfortable candidate experience.