Business Development, Partnerships
The Plum Guide
Life is too short for average stays…
We are all on this earth for a short and precious time, which means every single holiday is really quite important. Plum Guide is on a mission to eradicate travel disappointment for the discerning traveller resulting in an exceptional experience every single time.
- The Best Homes: We vet every home selecting only the best in each destination (across 3 categories)
- Total Transparency: We cut the crap, calling out home truths and taking a zero BS approach to comms - building trust and brand integrity
- Exceptional Service: Real humans, readily available, delivering unparalleled service. If things go wrong, we do all we can to rectify the situation.
Since launching in 2016 we have grown incredibly quickly expanding to hundreds of locations returning the highest NPS scores in the industry.
We are backed by some of the world’s top entrepreneurs and VCs. These include the founders and backers of TransferWise, Citymapper, Zoopla, Secret Escapes, BuzzFeed, Appear Here, Graze, LoveFilm, and many more. Our goal for the next 12 months is to dominate the top 1% market share in our customers' top 60 markets, turning every guest into an advocate along the way.
The Partnerships Mission
To become our biggest marketing channel delivering £3M in partnerships sales in January 2024
In order to achieve our mission, we are looking for a savvy Business Development Executive to join our B2B sales team. Our B2B team is critical to the success of Plum and is responsible for building brand fame among travel agents, entertainment & production companies, and other travel partners around the world.
The goal is to help 3X partnerships sales by onboarding 30-40 new key travel partners over the next 6 months across 2 main verticals: Luxury Travel and Entertainment & Production.
The roll will include:
- Strategically identifying key prospects to ensure maximum ROI
- Managing the full sales cycle including prospecting, initial outreach, scoping, pitching, objection handling, closing, and ultimately not taking no for an answer
- Driving brand awareness to ensure fame in our target markets by attending trade shows and networking events
- Hitting ambitious monthly targets and weekly KPIs
The Right Person
You will excel in this role if you:
- Love consistently hitting your targets, and then can’t wait to beat it again
- Strong sales background and are gregarious, diligent and resourceful
- Already have strong established connections with large travel agents, travel agent networks, or within the entertainment and production space
- Travel obsessed
- Love networking
- Are confident delivering pitches to senior executives and webinars to large audiences
- Are results driven and thrive in a fast-paced environment with ambitious targets and KPIs
- Self-starter - ultimately we are still a startup and things aren’t always perfect. We need someone that can identify solutions and will consistently hit their goals
- Are a builder and a visionary - passionate about building the next iconic travel brand
- Have excellent organisational and follow-through skills
- Have exceptionally high standards and are permanently dissatisfied with ‘just OK’
- Love a challenge and have a positive can-do attitude with a solutions-driven approach, even the most challenging of situations
- 3+ years is experience selling to travel agents/networks or within the entertainment and production industry
- A proven track record meeting sales or growth targets
- Knowledge of must-attend events in order to drive brand fame within the travel industry
- Competitive salary and (EMI) stock options
- Onboarding & Sales training within your first month
- Pension scheme
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Birthday off (because who wants to work their birthdays!?)
- Ability to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday
- Hybrid remote working (Work from home 3 days a week)
- Provided with the latest Tech (Macbook Pro)
- Dog friendly offices
- Work from anywhere in the world for 4 weeks of the year
- Discount on Plum stays for Family and Friends
- Medicash Health plan
- Breakfast & snacks provided + drinks on a Friday!
- Team lunches & get-togethers!