Chief Revenue Officer
At Synchtank we are on a mission to revolutionise the way businesses, across the music and film industry, manage and monetise their digital assets. We count on the executive team to solve complex business problems with creativity and passion, always ready to learn something new.
We’re seeking a Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) who will play a pivotal role in driving sales growth and scaling our SaaS business. As part of a global executive team, sitting across the US and Europe, you will have the opportunity to shape our growth plan, product development, marketing, branding, and partnerships efforts. You will be instrumental to delivering our strategic growth plan, expanding customer accounts, forging new business partnerships, and driving new sales.
· Collaborate with senior leadership to execute the current corporate strategic plan and develop additional plans to drive revenue expansion.
· Ensure performance, strategy, and alignment across all revenue-generating departments.
· Lead and manage the global sales team and marketing department to drive business growth across all customer segments, as well as improving strategy and customer experience.
· Build and foster creative teams committed to our culture of innovation.
· Strategically add new, scalable partners to maximize reach and efficiency.
· Monitor the sales funnel and identify new strategies to expand the pipeline, accelerate pipeline velocity and improve predictability of sales forecasting.
· Stay attuned to developments in the market, analyse opportunities, and devise competitive strategies and tactics.
· Maintain strong connections with customers to ensure that their feedback is being factored into the product development pipeline and enhancement cycles.
· Collaborate with the Finance, Product Management, and Operations teams to establish effective messaging, pricing strategies, and business models for achieving revenue goals.
· Identify and resolve any issues across the Marketing, Sales, and Account Management teams.
· Drive and manage contract negotiations collaboration with Legal/Finance.
· Manage direct reports in the Sales, Account Management, Customer Delivery and Marketing teams.
· Development of KPI’s and reporting on customer engagement & metrics.
· Engage in monthly forecasting and planning with the Finance team.
· Undertake some direct sales and account management.
Required skills and qualifications
· 10+ years of diverse leadership experience, driving and implementing revenue growth
· Strong background in tech startups, specifically SaaS sales
· Proven track record of growing revenue through new-product development, marketing, branding, and partnerships
· Strong understanding and track record of value-based selling and maximising revenue from customers, especially large and complex corporate accounts
· Significant experience in P&L supervision and GM management – with a strong grasp of company financials and targets
· Ability to craft and execute a business strategy effectively
· Experience in data-driven decisions based on business metrics
· Inspirational leadership style with a hands-on approach
· A self-starter – who thrives in a small company environment with limited support
· A team player – motivated by the success of the business overall as much as personal goals or short-term reward
· Have vision - thinks and acts towards achieving long term success
· Good general knowledge of CRM systems and business productivity tools
Preferred skills and qualifications
· Strong technical experience with Salesforce and other business productivity tools
· Experience in media, broadcast and music industries
· Ideally based on East Coast US to work with both Europe and West Coast teams
· Remote working
· Significant travel involved - mainly US but occasionally International
· Performance related compensation plan
· Stock options