Senior Fullstack Ruby Engineer
Senior Fullstack Ruby Engineer
Streetbees is building the world’s first marketplace for business intelligence, connecting household names, like Coca-Cola, Unilever and Heineken, with real people on the ground via our innovative and chat-style app, which gathers real-time and in-the-moment insights from 4.5 million users worldwide.
We’re currently looking for an ambitious Fullstack Ruby Engineer to join our team as we launch our exciting new GPT-powered research product, SBX, which allows brands to gather rich market insights in as little as 48 hours.
Streetbees has a very strong engineering team and platform, combining the best in machine learning, data management pipelines, web platforms and mobile apps. We work with Ruby for our APIs and web apps, React for our web app front ends, Python for our data science and machine learning, and Swift and Kotlin for our mobile apps. Everything is entirely hosted in AWS, all repos in Github, everything containerised and continuously deployed.
As a Ruby Software Engineer you’ll be able to clearly see your impact in what we deliver day-to-day to our clients and our users. You'll be part of an engineering culture that welcomes participation and discussion at all levels. We work with some of the largest companies in the world and our user numbers are growing month over month.
- You’ll be working on some interesting technical challenges such as crowdsourced data collection, AI copilot interfaces, LLM data processing, and image/video processing and visualisation.
- You will be helping us scale our systems as we increase the data collection streams.
- You’ll be joining an experienced and friendly team of engineers, building a new generation of research and data analysis tools.
- You'll also be integrating our market research SaaS app with our Data Warehouse, LLM gateway services and ETL pipeline workflows. This can involve working with Python so experience with that is welcome.
- You have a strong understanding of Ruby and Rails.
- You have experience of working on B2B multi-tenant SaaS applications
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- You have good knowledge of relational databases. We use PostgresSQL.
- You write tested code - from acceptance tests to unit tests.
- You have the ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
Nice to haves
- Experience with or a keen interest in Python
- Experience with building and designing GraphQL APIs
- Knowledge of other technologies we are currently using: Kafka, Redis, Docker, Databricks
At Streetbees, your company benefits will include:
- A 24-day paid holiday allowance with the option to carry over unused days to the following year
- Flexible working hours - we trust people to manage their time and to focus on wider results; so if you need to work from home to finish a project or leave at 5pm on a Tuesday for Choir practice, ensure your manager knows in advance, but feel free to take it.
- The Streetbees Lifestyle Committee - any employee will have the opportunity to plan and manage a variety of Streetbees-funded socials and activities for the team.
- Fully Stocked Kitchen - Breakfast is on us every morning and if you need a coffee or a snack at any point throughout the day, please be our guest.
- Friday Catch-ups - Beers, wine, soft drinks and snacks provided as we celebrate the week's successes.
- Paid volunteering days - one day per quarter with a registered charity of your choice.
- Audible subscriptions - the company is more than happy to pay for audio-books subscriptions of your choice on Amazon as we encourage wider and continued learning among our team.
- Work from home office equipment budget
- Software Engineering
- Senior Fullstack Ruby Engineer
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Streetbees is building the world’s first marketplace for business intelligence, connecting brands and agencies with real people on the ground via our innovative and chat-style app to gather real-time and in-the-moment insights from 4.5 million users worldwide.