Engagement Manager, Japan
Sprout.ai is an award-winning claims automation technology for the insurance industry, with the vision to make every insurance claim better.
To process one insurance claim, human claim handlers need to collect and analyse 20 to 30 pages of complex documents, the majority of which are handwritten and difficult to decipher. This makes processing one claim time-consuming and laborious.
Our patented AI and data-led products can automate every step of the claims journey. Extracting and enhancing relevant claims data, cross-checking this with policies and providing recommendations to conclude a claim in near real- time. We allow claims handlers to spend more time with customers, where human touch and empathy can make a real difference in their customers’ time of need.
WIth an insurance market size of 45 trillion yen, Japan is a country of strategic importance for Sprout.ai - we have proven our technology is capable of working with Japanese characters at very high levels of accuracy, and have established strong relationships with leading Japanese insurers. Our focus for 2024 is to expand our footprint in the region, and this is where you come in.
Reporting to the Japan Country Manager, you will have a broad role which touches both pre-sales support and post-sales delivery.
As part of our Sales process, the role will require you to be a technical authority, understanding our product capabilities and how they can solve our customers’ problems, leading on technical demos of our product, and driving successful outcomes from POCs.
After we successfully secure a customer, you will be responsible for managing the implementation process through to successful go-live, partnering with insurers to maximise the value they are able to achieve with Sprout.ai and driving adoption within the business.
As a foundational member of our Japanese team, this is a fantastic opportunity to grow a nascent business. Through working closely with our Country Manager and the Growth team in the UK, you will have opportunities to shape Sprout.ai Japan and take the lead in changing the face of insurance in Japan with industry-defining AI.
Your responsibilities will include:
Client engagement management and customer success in Japan
- Owning the post-sale activities with clients, including implementation, on-boarding, training, driving platform adoption, and Quarterly Business Reviews, and renewals.
- Be a trusted advisor to drive product adoption and ensure customers are using Sprout.ai’s product to achieve full business value
- Re-engineer specific customers' business processes to enable their adoption of AI products
- Work with customers to architect impactful and value-creating solutions which can integrate and transform customers’ business processes
Proof of Concept (POC) Management
- Work with customers to scope their needs for a POC and work with Sprout’s tech team to define the appropriate timeframe and cost for delivery
- Work with customers to prove the value of the Sprout technology in a test case and support in driving the success of POCs
- Act as project manager and technical advisor for POCs to ensure success and conversion to production engagements
- Work with customers to understand requirements and value drivers, and map these to Sprout platform capabilities
- Perform demonstrations to bring to life Sprout’s capabilities for customers
- Build business cases for the value outcomes that can be driven with the Sprout solution
Strengthen customer relationships
- Ensure satisfaction across the customer hierarchy, from C level to daily users of the product
- Drive overall customer success responsibility and act as an escalation point for service issues
- Demonstrate one’s grit, tenacity, and responsiveness to the client and stay up-to-date on client detailed requests as well as strategic trends
- Actively identifying opportunities for cross-selling or increasing penetration, in coordination with the Business Development, Product & Research teams as needed
- Become an expert at Sprout.ai technologies and the capabilities of machine learning and feed customer and market insights back to rest of the company, to help design the next generation of AI products for us to build
- Help inform Sprout’s product roadmap within different verticals and environments, based on specific client use cases, industry standards, and an understanding of emerging tools
What we’re looking for
- Proven project management and stakeholder management experience on execution/delivery side (eg, senior project manager experience at leading consulting firms/tech companies or equivalent experience)
- Experience with Enterprise Solution Architecture: understanding and defining business requirements for enterprise clients and translating them into technological requirements
- Excellent problem solving skills and first principle thinking
- Strong at relationship development across customer hierarchy, from C level to daily users of the product
- Strong communication skills to bridge a gap between customers’ needs and internal Product/Data Science/Research teams’ constraints and priorities
- Fluency in Japanese. Advanced business-level English is also required.
- Self-Starter with appetite to learn about new technology and customers
- Alignment with Sprout.ai's company values
These are not essential, but it would also be great if you had:
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence concepts (eg, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing )
What you will get
- The chance to work at an award-winning European tech startup
- Generous salary and target-based bonus
- Sprout.ai Stock Options
- Full remote work
- 20 days of annual leave, plus public holidays
- Statutory parental leave
- Access to Sprout’s Learning and Development budget to support your growth
- Opportunity to change the world with Artificial Intelligence!
- Hungry for Growth - Unleash your inner Sprout: Sprouts embrace growth, forget comfort zones, and help Sprout.ai thrive.
- Own It, Deliver It - We commit, we deliver, and we exceed expectations - it's how we achieve outstanding outcomes for our customers.
- Seed Innovation - The future is shaped by those who dare to innovate. We embrace this mindset, planting the seeds for future growth, experimenting fearlessly and taking bold actions that unleash our ability to scale.
- Collaborate to Blossom - We cultivate collaboration, working together to create a vibrant and diverse ecosystem where every Sprout can thrive. It drives better results, and creates a better environment for us all.