Senior Data Analyst
IT, Data Science
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Sofar is creating space where music matters. We bring artists and audiences together through live experiences and artist services that inspire creativity, community and joy.
Our unique live experiences provide a place for artist discovery, local community and connection in non-traditional, unexpected places across 78 countries and growing. Through our artist services, we provide tools and services for artists to directly connect with fans and build sustainable, creative lives on their own terms.
As a Senior Data Analyst at Sofar, you’ll work directly with our marketing teams and senior leadership to unlock growth insights from our large pool of data. Your exploratory and targeted analyses will inform decisions and create strategies to continue our fast pace of growth. You’ll help define growth marketing metrics, optimize marketing spend, and identify opportunities.
You will build data visualizations that provide insights into how the business is performing, and uncover impactful insights that will drive the business forward. You will become the SME for all things funnel, marketing and growth and identify opportunities to capture and create value. You will partner with a wide range of data practitioners, business leaders, software engineers and product managers to grow our company in a sustainable way.
What you'll do:
- You’ll understand the broad business context in order to partner with the VP of Growth and growth team to drive customer acquisition, retention and funnel optimization.
- You’ll analyze the full customer lifecycle and find meaningful insights that drive growth in multiple dimensions.
- You’ll have ownership over growth metrics, be the first to discover problems and lead with hypothesis driven investigations.
- You’ll expose the interaction between marketing channels and traffic sources, including but not limited to email, search, and social media.
- You’ll understand the relationship supply and demand, providing insight into the relationship between available inventory, product attributes and sales.
- You’ll present the results of your analysis in a story-driven fashion, extracting key points and sharing complex data in easy-to-digest ways.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience as an in-house analyst or data scientist at a high growth e-commerce B2C company.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, statistics, data warehouse models, and analytics-focused platforms like Jupyter or R-Studio.
- Well-versed in extracting cross-channel, cross-platform insights from data warehouses and external platforms including but not limited to Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Facebook Ads.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau; can rapidly create useful visualizations with consistent controls.
- Experience with supply and demand modeling and forecasting.
- Effectively collaborates with teams and stakeholders to determine best approaches to measurement.
- Eligible for employment in the US; Boston or NYC-based is preferred
At Sofar, our global team is deeply passionate about music and the work we do. If our mission and job opening resonates, you're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. We are committed to creating a culture of belonging and building a diverse team that reflects a variety of lived experiences, perspectives, and skills.