Audio Engineer, Orlando
Orlando, FL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Sofar is creating space where music matters. We bring artists and audiences together through live experiences and artist services that inspire creativity, community and joy.
Our unique live experiences provide a place for artist discovery, local community and connection in non-traditional, unexpected places across 78 countries and growing. Through our artist services, we provide tools and services for artists to directly connect with fans and build sustainable, creative lives on their own terms.
We’re looking for contract Audio Engineers to work with our regional production team and bring the magic on the sound desk at local shows.
Sofar has worked with over 45,000 artists, hosted over 1,000,000 fans at shows around the world and engages with millions more online each month. You will be part of a music-adoring team who are passionate about creating an industry-leading culture that supports artists and introduces their music to new fans.
What you'll do:
- Provide live sound reinforcement for artist performing in unique spaces
- Work with the show team & performers to prep for the show
- Organize gear pick up and return across a local community of other Audio Engineers
- Work with the central Production team to identify the best ways of working locally
- You'll work 3 x shows a week (max 10 shows a month)
- You’ll also discover a lot of amazing new music along the way
Who you are:
- Someone who has a passion for live sound & creative problem solving
- Excited by a dynamic pool of artists, venues and unique audio scenarios
- Comfortable working & communicating with creatives in high pressure situations
- Genuine, demonstrated commitment to supporting artists and local music
At Sofar, our global team is deeply passionate about music and the work we do. If our mission and job opening resonates, you're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. We are committed to creating a culture of belonging and building a diverse team that reflects a variety of lived experiences, perspectives, and skills.