Skin + Me
Skin + Me is a mission driven start-up with seriously big skin goals.
We’re looking for an Analytical Scientist to join our Operations Team at Skin + Me. This is a full time role based at our Factory in North Acton, London
About the role:
In this role you’ll ensure timely processing of samples for analysis and you will be responsible for setup and maintenance of tracking and storage systems for samples. You will be expected to provide feedback on the quality of the formulation and maintain compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable understanding of GMP with excellent self-organisation and time management skills. They’ll preferably have experience working within a laboratory environment, good experience of string HPLC and be able to follow written methods, setup & maintain the machine.
What you'll do:
- Timely processing of samples for analysis. Recording and analysing the results in a well ordered manner
- Setup, maintenance, calibration and upkeep of laboratory equipment & apparatus
- Provide feedback on the quality of the formulation, laboratory method of manufacture, suggesting improvements where required
- Assist in sample preparation & production trials, manufacturing, testing & storing products where appropriate. Setup and maintain tracking & storage systems for samples
- Ensure compliance to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Produce lab samples and pilot batches to support all internal and external consumer and clinical trials
- Manage tech transfer from manufacturer or formulator to our factory
- Scale up from lab formulations to production batches
- Conduct quality control and microbiological checks on production batches and ensure they meet safety and quality standards
- Manage the raw material library within the formulation lab, including requesting samples of new ingredients alongside management of core ingredients
Who you are:
These are the skills we’re looking for. Even if you don’t tick every box, but feel you’re right for us, we’d still love to hear from you.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes for skincare products
- Have experience working with external manufacturers
- Excellent self-organisation and time management
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrable understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Previous experience working within a laboratory environment is preferable
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail in order to record laboratory data accurately
- String HPLC experience, able to follow written methods, setup & maintain the machine. Ability to create and improve methods is desirable
- Experience using, calibrating and maintaining pH testing equipment
Why should you choose Skin + Me?
- A daily challenge – in a thrilling, entrepreneurial start-up environment, no two days will ever be the same.
- Make a difference – work within a revolutionary company that is focused on improving millions of lives.
- Significant equity – potentially life-changing value if you commit to our long-term mission.
- Serious commitment to growth – personal development is important to us and we’ll make sure we support your growth, and give you broad experience across your role.
- Support network – the Skin + Me investors and advisors that you’ll have the opportunity to work with have built some of the world’s best consumer companies.
- 25 Days Holiday (+ all the usual Bank Holidays) – It's important to take a break and recharge, that's why we offer a generous holiday allowance
- Free Breakfast & Lunch – It’s important you are well fueled for the day so we've got your breakfast and lunch covered. Plus drinks and snacks are available too!
- Equity – We offer a competitive salary and a generous share award package that means every employee has a stake in the business. We really are all in this together
- Health and wellbeing focus – We offer a healthcare cash plan, cycle to work schemes plus free healthy breakfast and lunch in the office. We'll be sure to always prioritise your physical and mental health.
- £500 annual development budget for any learning, training and development opportunities. Courses, books, software – if it helps you in your role, we’ll help you get it.
- For working parents, we’re proud to offer assistance, helping you save on nursery fees. The workplace nursery benefit allows you to save tax and National Insurance on the full cost of your nursery fees each month.
- Culture club – Our culture club team meets every week to make sure we celebrate our big wins and milestones too, with parties, surprises and more.
- You’ll get highly discounted Skin + Me products for you, and 10 friends + family too.
- Generous employee referral scheme, if you know more fabulous people refer them to work with us too and you’ll get a bonus when they pass probation.
More about Skin + Me:
There’s a huge problem in the world of skincare: people struggle with more than just how their skin looks. They also worry about how it makes them feel and how to manage it long-term. We’re on a mission to change that.
The truth is that achieving your best skin isn’t complicated. The secret? Using a stripped back routine with the best combination of active ingredients for your skin goals. The right products and knowledge make it possible to tackle everything from fine lines and wrinkles to adult acne, rosacea and pigmentation. We’re united in the belief that everyone should have access to expert advice, treatment plans and ingredients that work – minus the big price tag and the long dermatologist waitlist.
Skin + Me is a mission-driven start-up, building a pioneering online dermatology service powered by experts. We take customers through a simple online medical consultation and our prescribers formulate custom treatments that can’t be bought on the high street. Each one is personalised to the individual’s skin goals. It arrives in their letterbox each month and evolves alongside their skin – because everyone’s skin is different and no two journeys are the same.
Skin + Me recently secured £10 million in a series B funding round, reflecting the growing interest in expert-approved skincare. We’ve raised funding from some of the best-known direct-to-consumer entrepreneurs and VCs, including Octopus Ventures. Our highly experienced founding team comes from the likes of Facebook, Charlotte Tilbury, Tails.com and Graze.com.
Our journey has just begun and we’d love for you to join us as we change the face of skincare! Think you’re up for the challenge?