Regulatory and Technical Manager
Skin + Me
Skin + Me is a mission driven start-up with seriously big skin goals.
We’re looking for an experienced Regulatory and Technical Manager to join our NPD Team at Skin + Me. This is a hybrid working role with three days a week in our Paddington HQ (Mon, Tue, Fri) and two days remote.
About the role:
As Regulatory and Technical Manager you will lead the regulatory strategy for Skin + Me whilst providing day-to-day technical guidance to support the development and launch of compliant products. You will be the first point of call for all regulatory queries within the business and will be responsible for product quality assurance both internally and externally.
You will collaborate closely with internal and external cross-functional departments, liaising with agencies, authorities and professional associations, including the CTPA, and international claims and regulatory groups. You will need to be highly organised and work across functions to collect and share technical information in a clear and concise manner.
The ideal candidate will have around 6+ years experience managing the CPSR process, generating and maintaining PIF documentation, conducting regulatory risk assessments for existing and new products, managing regulatory changes, and advising on claims development and substantiation.
This is a pivotal role within the NPD Team with strong ties to the brand, marketing, prescribing and operations teams. The successful candidate will be confident working autonomously as well as collaborating and communicating well with other teams.
What you'll do
This is a new position at Skin + Me and therefore the opportunity to develop this role is huge! Day to day the role will include:
- Creating and updating Product Information Files on time and in full, ensuring quality standards are met
- Ensuring all products are notified or registered for their respective markets
- Leading market and global regulatory compliance, regularly reviewing regulatory and legislative updates to ensure compliance
- Creating and collating registration documents for new retailers and international markets
- New product claims reviews, advising on borderline claims and reviewing claims for new markets
- Ingredient, formulation, and packaging compliance checks
- Managing communication between the brand and external regulatory support i.e. safety assessors, CTPA, RPs
- Supporting new retail launches by leading communication between retailers technical teams and the brand
- Managing regulatory aspects of artwork development and approval
- Leading quality assurance for all products internally developed and those developed by external manufacturers
- Leading the development and implementation of cosmetic GPM
- Working closely with the Customer Service Team to monitor complaints and manage the UAE process
Who you are
These are the skills we’re looking for. Even if you don’t tick every box, but feel you’re right for us, we’d still love to hear from you.
- A degree within a field related to Cosmetics Regulations
- 6+ years of experience in a regulatory role within a cosmetic or personal care brand
- Ability to identify, manage and present risk
- Able to analyse a large amount of data and then translate into a clear actionable roadmap to delivery
- Highly organised, with a meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to represent Regulatory Affairs at senior management level and get clear and important points across
- Ability to work with ambiguity in an entrepreneurial, small-team with the desire to go above and beyond the job role when necessary
- Commercially-minded with an inquisitive mind
- Experience in pharmaceutical regulations would advantageous
Why should you choose Skin + Me?
- A daily challenge – in a thrilling, entrepreneurial start-up environment, no two days will ever be the same.
- Make a difference – work within a revolutionary company that is focused on improving millions of lives.
- Significant equity – potentially life-changing value if you commit to our long-term mission.
- Serious commitment to growth – personal development is important to us and we’ll make sure we support your growth, and give you broad experience across your role.
- Support network – the Skin + Me investors and advisors that you’ll have the opportunity to work with have built some of the world’s best consumer companies.
- 25 Days Holiday (+ all the usual Bank Holidays) – It's important to take a break and recharge, that's why we offer a generous holiday allowance
- Free Breakfast & Lunch – It’s important you are well fueled for the day so we've got your breakfast and lunch covered. Plus drinks and snacks are available too!
- Hybrid working to give you flexibility – We are all remote on Wednesday and Thursday. When we are in the office on Monday, Tuesday and Friday our core hours are 10-4. If you're an early bird you can do 7-4, and if you're a night owl 10-7 is fine too. Need more flexibility around your life – just let us know.
- Equity – We offer a competitive salary and a generous share award package that means every employee has a stake in the business. We really are all in this together
- Health and wellbeing focus – We offer a healthcare cash plan, cycle to work schemes plus free healthy breakfast and lunch in the office. We'll be sure to always prioritise your physical and mental health.
- £500 annual development budget for any learning, training and development opportunities. Courses, books, software – if it helps you in your role, we’ll help you get it.
- For working parents, we’re proud to offer assistance, helping you save on nursery fees. The workplace nursery benefit allows you to save tax and National Insurance on the full cost of your nursery fees each month.
- Culture club – Our culture club team meets every week to make sure we celebrate our big wins and milestones too, with parties, surprises and more.
- You’ll get highly discounted Skin + Me products for you, and 10 friends + family too.
- Generous employee referral scheme, if you know more fabulous people refer them to work with us too and you’ll get a bonus when they pass probation.
- Dog-friendly office with two very cute resident dogs!
More about Skin + Me:
There’s a huge problem in the world of skincare: people struggle with more than just how their skin looks. They also worry about how it makes them feel and how to manage it long-term. We’re on a mission to change that.
The truth is that achieving your best skin isn’t complicated. The secret? Using a stripped back routine with the best combination of active ingredients for your skin goals. The right products and knowledge make it possible to tackle everything from fine lines and wrinkles to adult acne, rosacea and pigmentation. We’re united in the belief that everyone should have access to expert advice, treatment plans and ingredients that work – minus the big price tag and the long dermatologist waitlist.
Skin + Me is a mission-driven start-up, building a pioneering online dermatology service powered by experts. We take customers through a simple online medical consultation and our prescribers formulate custom treatments that can’t be bought on the high street. Each one is personalised to the individual’s skin goals. It arrives in their letterbox each month and evolves alongside their skin – because everyone’s skin is different and no two journeys are the same.
Skin + Me recently secured £10 million in a series B funding round, reflecting the growing interest in expert-approved skincare. We’ve raised funding from some of the best-known direct-to-consumer entrepreneurs and VCs, including Octopus Ventures. Our highly experienced founding team comes from the likes of Facebook, Charlotte Tilbury, Tails.com and Graze.com.
Our journey has just begun and we’d love for you to join us as we change the face of skincare! Think you’re up for the challenge?