Skin + Me
Skin + Me is a mission driven start-up with seriously big skin goals.
We’re looking for an experienced Copy Lead to join our Brand Marketing Team at Skin + Me. This is a hybrid working role with three days a week in our Paddington HQ (Mon, Tue, Fri) and two days remote.
About the role:
As Copy Lead, you will be responsible for managing a team of two copywriters to produce high-quality copy across all copy streams. You will write and edit everything from informative articles, to marketing copy, special projects, social and press releases — your role will be instrumental to communicating effectively with our customers and ultimately increasing Skin + Me’s revenue and profit.
This role has strong ties to the Design, Marketing and Commercial Teams, the successful candidate will thrive working autonomously and as part of a team. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience in copywriting with strong expertise in the principles and implementation of SEO.
What you’ll do:
- Write and edit high-quality copy across all copy streams (including UX, marketing assets, press releases, social and blog), that embodies our original and standout brand tone of voice, and crucially connects emotionally with our target audience
- Manage a team of two writers, copywriter and midweight copywriter
- Respond to and draft briefs to establish clear messaging hierarchy for all marketing content from launches, to BAU emails and everything in between
- Develop the team by taking advantage of in house opportunities to upskill. Research and plan how to spend training budgets in a way that’s mutually beneficial for junior team members and the business
- Consistently research and generate original content ideas for all copy channels
- Help define a best in class content strategy to establish The Dose as the number 1 destination for skincare advice
- Own and take part in creative brainstorming sessions with relevant stakeholders
- Manage senior stakeholders expectations on copy deliverables across BAU and projects
- Bring a positive, dynamic energy to the copy team
- Have meticulous attention to detail, strong organisation and collaboration skills and excellent communication
- Contribute to social content planning on skincare and lifestyle topics
- Track performance and understand the business impact of the team’s work
What you’ll bring:
- These are the skills we’d love for you to have but if you don’t tick every box we would still love to hear from you if you feel you’re right for us!
- Precise use of language and grammar gained from 5+ years as a writer. With a minimum of 2 years recent experience managing an in-house team, writing and editing copy
- Experience writing and interpreting creative briefs — demonstrating an understanding of stakeholder requirements and business challenges
- Fantastic knowledge of the principles and implementation of SEO
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with the ability & willingness to work at pace
- Experienced in using data and analytics to inform and optimise creative
- Strong communication skills
- 2 years experience managing a team within health, beauty or skincare industry preferable, not necessarily in the digital sector
- Innovative, entrepreneurial nature, highly self-motivated
Why should you choose Skin + Me?
A daily challenge – in a thrilling, entrepreneurial start-up environment, no two days will ever be the same.
Make a difference – work within a revolutionary company that is focused on improving millions of lives.
Significant equity – potentially life-changing value if you commit to our long-term mission.
Serious commitment to growth – personal development is important to us and we’ll make sure we support your growth, and give you broad experience across your role.
Support network – the Skin + Me investors and advisors that you’ll have the opportunity to work with have built some of the world’s best consumer companies.
- 25 Days Holiday (+ all the usual Bank Holidays) – It's important to take a break and recharge, that's why we offer a generous holiday allowance.
- Free Breakfast & Lunch – It’s important you are well fueled for the day so we've got your breakfast and lunch covered. Plus drinks and snacks are available too!
- Hybrid working to give you flexibility – We are all remote on Wednesday and Thursday. When we are in the office on Monday, Tuesday and Friday our core hours are 10-4. If you're an early bird you can do 7-4, and if you're a night owl 10-7 is fine too. Need more flexibility around your life – just let us know.
- Equity – We offer a competitive salary and a generous share award package that means every employee has a stake in the business. We really are all in this together
- Health and wellbeing focus – We offer a healthcare cash plan, cycle to work schemes plus free healthy breakfast and lunch in the office. We'll be sure to always prioritise your physical and mental health.
- Culture club – Our culture club team meets every week to make sure we celebrate our big wins and milestones too, with parties, surprises and more.
- You’ll get highly discounted Skin + Me products for you, and 10 friends + family too.
- Generous employee referral scheme, if you know more fabulous people refer them to work with us too.
- Dog-friendly office with two very cute resident dogs!
More about Skin + Me:
There’s a huge problem in the world of skincare: people struggle with more than just how their skin looks. They also worry about how it makes them feel and how to manage it long-term. We’re on a mission to change that.
The truth is that achieving your best skin isn’t complicated. The secret? Using the right combination of prescription strength ingredients with a stripped-back routine to tackle everything from anti-ageing, adult acne, rosacea and pigmentation. We’re united in the belief that everyone should have access to expertise, treatment plans and ingredients that work – minus the big price tag and the long dermatologist waitlist.
Skin + Me is a mission-driven start-up, building a pioneering online dermatology service. We take customers through a simple online medical consultation and prescribe a treatment cream, personalised to the individual. It arrives in their letterbox each month and evolves alongside their skin. Everyone’s skin is different and no two journeys are the same.
In order to deliver on our mission, we’ve raised our funding from some of the best-known direct-to-consumer entrepreneurs and VCs. Our highly experienced founding team comes from the likes of Facebook, Charlotte Tilbury, Tails.com and Graze.com.
Our journey has just begun and we’d love for you to join us! Think you’re up for the challenge?