Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Who we are
We are a highly ambitious team; focused and truly collaborative. We empower people to take ownership through meaningful and impactful work. We exist to help people and the planet, it’s a big statement but one you’ll wear with pride.
Raylo is here to change how people get their tech for good. That means giving them access to the products they really want, but doing so in a responsible, sustainable way.
We provide Seamless Circularity, where every device gets an extended life through our automatic, effortless cycle of refurb, reuse and recycle.
Our secret sauce is leasing. By providing a subscription alternative, we're cracking open a staid old market and bringing real change to consumers and the environment. Less waste, better value. We’re serious - we want to lead the change in consumption of consumer technology.
Life at Raylo
• We are an organically collaborative and dynamic team
• We embrace innovation, seek out challenges and always aim for excellence
• We take intelligent risks, celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes
• We help each other by listening, challenging thought and continually improving
• We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute, and are a curious and gritty bunch
What to expect in this role...
We are entering an exciting stage of our journey at Raylo as we approach a key fundraising milestone that will rapidly propel our growth. To continue building a robust finance function with capability to deliver results for the business, we are searching for a highly driven qualified chartered accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) to join us. This is an exciting role where you will work alongside our Financial Controller and Finance Associate. You will take ownership of key processes within the financial control function. You will have the opportunity to gain great experience in technical accounting and also work on key strategic projects to prepare the business for scale.
You’ll play a key role in the execution of monthly consolidated management accounts under lease accounting standards and prepare detailed variance analysis for a range of internal and external stakeholders. You’ll lead on balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness and oversee bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and account receivable functions. You’ll assist with the completion of external regulatory compliance requirements and with the coordination of all company audits.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing finance function within a fast-pace business which will ensure you have scope to be involved in key strategic projects. You’ll also have the opportunity to utilise your expertise, with a focus on process improvement to optimise the efficiency of the finance function. Your ability to critically analyse and draw important insights for a range of stakeholders will also have real time influence on business decisions.
You'll be great at...
- Being deeply curious to understand a complex finance function, and have previous exposure to implementing technical accounting. A good understanding will be valuable.
- Demonstrating adaptability exemplified by working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You’ll bring a track record of consistently delivering in line with deadlines and can work ‘smart’ to manage your time accordingly.
- Taking ownership and responsibility over your projects. You fully understand how to take complex data and turn into succinct actionable insights (we’re searching for a candidate who has an excellent level of proficiency in excel. Experience in Data Analytics - SQL and Looker is a bonus). You relish the opportunity to use data to challenge existing thought processes and drive meaningful change.
- Using Xero, or a similar cloud based accounting software.
We’re not looking for you to meet every point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you could add value and do your best work here at Raylo. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Opportunities & Benefits
Your chance to make an impact. We want what you can bring - what makes you special. Through trust, collaboration and autonomy, you can have an impact right from the off.
Be part of the change. You will join one of the fastest growing fintech startups, backed by Octopus Ventures, Macquarie and Telefónica, where you can change how people get their tech for good
Other benefits include;
• 33 days holiday per year (25 days, + an extra 8 days to choose the days that mean most to you)
• Stock options - get a real stake in Raylo’s growth
• Hybrid working environment
• Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
• Workplace nursery scheme
• Perkbox membership - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial and mental wellbeing
• To do your best work, we’ll give you a laptop and a Raylo phone
• Udemy Business corporate subscription - access to 15,000+ courses covering business, tech, and wellness skills
• Learning budget - we care deeply about investing in your long-term career growth and potential
• Free sustainable breakfast and snacks, every day you’re in the office
• Fun (yet optional) Raylo quarterly socials, plus summer and Christmas parties
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.