Senior Strategic Finance Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Who we are
We are a highly ambitious team; focused and truly collaborative. We empower people to take ownership through meaningful and impactful work. We exist to help people and the planet, it’s a big statement but one you’ll wear with pride.
Raylo is here to change how people get their tech for good. That means giving them access to the products they really want, but doing so in a responsible, sustainable way.
We provide Seamless Circularity, where every device gets an extended life through our automatic, effortless cycle of refurb, reuse and recycle.
Our secret sauce is leasing. By providing a subscription alternative, we're cracking open a staid old market and bringing real change to consumers and the environment. Less waste, better value. We’re serious - we want to lead the change in consumption of consumer technology.
Life at Raylo
• We are an organically collaborative and dynamic team
• We embrace innovation, seek out challenges and always aim for excellence
• We take intelligent risks, celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes
• We help each other by listening, challenging thought and continually improving
• We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute, and are a curious and gritty bunch
What to expect...
We are entering an exciting stage of our journey at Raylo as we approach a key fundraising milestone that will rapidly propel our growth. To continue building a robust finance function with capability to deliver results for the business, we are searching for a highly driven Senior Strategic Finance Manager to join us. This is an exciting new role where your main focus will be to ensure our finance function is best aligned to support the business’ future goals and objectives.
You’ll be reporting directly to our VP Finance and will be working closely with our leadership team to build and influence our financial strategy. You’ll be responsible for driving the forecasting processes, highlighting risks and opportunities to plan and have a key role in decision making, preparing business cases for driving internal capital allocation decisions at c-suite level e.g. new market expansion. You will also analyse financial and non financial data to provide actionable insights to drive decision-making.
Working as a true business partner across the organisation, you’ll be instrumental in embedding finance in all operational support and decision making, driving efficiencies around cost and performance and leading on commercial analysis e.g. marketing spend relating to procurement and supply chain decision making.
You'll be great at...
- Influencing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders both internally and externally. Your excellent stakeholder management experience will equip you with confidence and capability to present to leadership and investors.
- Taking ownership and responsibility over your projects. You fully understand how to take complex data and turn into succinct actionable insights (experience in Data Analytics - SQL, Looker is a bonus). You relish the opportunity to use data to challenge existing thought processes and drive meaningful change.
- Utilising your corporate finance experience in a complex debt funded business to support the equity fundraising process and ongoing investor relations.
We’re not looking for you to meet every point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you could add value and do your best work here at Raylo. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Opportunities & Benefits
Your chance to make an impact. We want what you can bring - what makes you special. Through trust, collaboration and autonomy, you can have an impact right from the off.
Be part of the change. You will join one of the fastest growing fintech startups, backed by Octopus Ventures, Macquarie and Telefónica, where you can change how people get their tech for good
Other benefits include;
• 33 days holiday per year (25 days, + an extra 8 days to choose the days that mean most to you)
• Stock options - get a real stake in Raylo’s growth
• Hybrid working environment
• Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
• Workplace nursery scheme
• Perkbox membership - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial and mental wellbeing
• To do your best work, we’ll give you a laptop and a Raylo phone
• Udemy Business corporate subscription - access to 15,000+ courses covering business, tech, and wellness skills
• Learning budget - we care deeply about investing in your long-term career growth and potential
• Free sustainable breakfast and snacks, every day you’re in the office
• Fun (yet optional) Raylo quarterly socials, plus summer and Christmas parties
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.