Head of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Who we are
We are a highly ambitious team; focused and truly collaborative. We empower people to take ownership through meaningful and impactful work. We exist to help people and the planet, it’s a big statement but one you’ll wear with pride.
Raylo is here to change how people get their tech for good. That means giving them access to the products they really want, but doing so in a responsible, sustainable way.
We provide Seamless Circularity, where every device gets an extended life through our automatic, effortless cycle of refurb, reuse and recycle.
Our secret sauce is leasing. By providing a subscription alternative, we're cracking open a staid old market and bringing real change to consumers and the environment. Less waste, better value. We’re serious - we want to lead the change in consumption of consumer technology.
Life at Raylo
• We are an organically collaborative and dynamic team
• We embrace innovation, seek out challenges and always aim for excellence
• We take intelligent risks, celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes
• We help each other by listening, challenging thought and continually improving
• We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute, and are a curious and gritty bunch
What to expect
We are entering an exciting stage of our journey at Raylo as we approach a key fundraising milestone that will rapidly propel our growth. Our goal is to create a best in class, automated finance function that produces timely, accurate information to support decision making within the business and maintain investor confidence. To achieve this, we are searching for an experienced Head of Finance to join our team.
Reporting into our VP Finance, with two direct reports, initially, our Senior Finance Manager and Finance Associate, you’ll play a pivotal role in motivating the team to achieve key objectives for the business. You will partner closely with teams across the business to educate on performance, risks & opportunities. As an ACA or CIMA qualified accountant, you’ll bring a technical driven approach to accounting and have deep experience of leveraging innovation, your inquisition and proactivity to shape the future of Finance at Raylo.
You’ll be accountable for month-end financial reporting & analysis, delivering robust and accurate information and KPIs. A key project will include developing the reporting suite to present financial and business performance, ensuring key metrics are captured and analysed. You will lead on ERP system implementation (NetSuite) and own our Treasury strategy.
You'll be great at...
- Taking full ownership and responsibility over your work. You’ll have an analytical, yet curious mindset with excellent problem solving skills. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment and if you’ve had experience in Series B/C start-up this is a bonus.
- Developing and coaching your team with a deep passion for creating excellent opportunities for professional growth.
- Stakeholder relationship management, through collaborating and communicating across different departments. You’ll enjoy influencing new ideas and initiatives.
We’re not looking for you to meet every point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you could add value and do your best work here at Raylo. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Opportunities & Benefits
Your chance to make an impact. We want what you can bring - what makes you special. Through trust, collaboration and autonomy, you can have an impact right from the off.
Be part of the change. You will join one of the fastest growing fintech startups, backed by Octopus Ventures, Macquarie and Telefónica, where you can change how people get their tech for good
Other benefits include;
• 33 days holiday per year (25 days, + an extra 8 days to choose the days that mean most to you)
• Stock options - get a real stake in Raylo’s growth
• Hybrid working environment
• Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
• Workplace nursery scheme
• Perkbox membership - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial and mental wellbeing
• To do your best work, we’ll give you a laptop and a Raylo phone
• Udemy Business corporate subscription - access to 15,000+ courses covering business, tech, and wellness skills
• Learning budget - we care deeply about investing in your long-term career growth and potential
• Free sustainable breakfast and snacks, every day you’re in the office
• Fun (yet optional) Raylo quarterly socials, plus summer and Christmas parties
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.