Senior Product Designer
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Who we are
We are a highly ambitious team; focused and truly collaborative. We empower people to take ownership through meaningful and impactful work. We exist to help people and the planet, it’s a big statement but one you’ll wear with pride.
Raylo is here to change how people get their tech for good. That means giving them access to the products they really want, but doing so in a responsible, sustainable way.
We provide Seamless Circularity, where every device gets an extended life through our automatic, effortless cycle of refurb, reuse and recycle.
Our secret sauce is leasing. By providing a subscription alternative, we're cracking open a staid old market and bringing real change to consumers and the environment. Less waste, better value. We’re serious - we want to lead the change in consumption of consumer technology.
Life at Raylo
• We are an organically collaborative and dynamic team
• We embrace innovation, seek out challenges and always aim for excellence
• We take intelligent risks, celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes
• We help each other by listening, challenging thought and continually improving
• We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute, and are a curious and gritty bunch
What you'll do
• Craft user-centred financial solutions, navigate security challenges and design seamless mobile payment experiences.
• Drive the creation of wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups, ensuring a seamless and intuitive user journey.
• Proactively share your work early and often within the team. Conduct user research, usability testing, and gather stakeholder feedback to iteratively improve your designs.
• Coordinate and facilitate workshops and collaborative design sessions to ensure cross-functional engagement.
• Shape and scale the Raylo design system, meticulously maintaining components, patterns, and guidelines to empower a unified and cohesive visual identity.
• You will report directly to the Head of Product Design and be based in our London office on a hybrid basis (3 days per week in the office).
Who you are
• You have a proven track record as an individual contributor or team lead role on a product design team.
• Your portfolio showcases compelling web and mobile experiences, providing insight into your design process and decision-making. • You enjoy thinking through complex product challenges, care about solving the right problem, and possess exceptional creative skills.
• You’ll be fantastic at communicating your thinking and design decisions.
• You're able to collaborate and get people along on the journey with you whilst bringing your ideas to life.
• You have a well trained eye for great visual design execution.You have deep & extensive experience with Figma and design systems. • You’re a systems thinker with a strategic view to everything you do.
• You're a natural leader, capable of guiding and inspiring others, and you're committed to fostering a culture of design excellence at Raylo.
• You enjoy being autonomous and navigating your own path in a fast-paced, hybrid working environment.
We’re not looking for you to meet every point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you could add value and do your best work here at Raylo. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Opportunities & Benefits
Your chance to make an impact. We want what you can bring - what makes you special. Through trust, collaboration and autonomy, you can have an impact right from the off.
Be part of the change. You will join one of the fastest growing fintech startups, backed by Octopus Investments, where you can change how people get their tech for good
Other benefits include;
• 33 days holiday per year (25 days, + an extra 8 days to choose the days that mean most to you)
• Stock options - get a real stake in your company’s growth
• Hybrid working environment
• Free sustainable breakfast and snacks, every day you’re in the office
• Workplace Nursery Scheme
• Perkbox membership - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial and mental wellbeing
• To do your best work, we’ll give you a laptop and a Raylo phone
• Udemy Business corporate subscription - access to 15,000+ courses covering business, tech, and wellness skills
• Learning budget - we care deeply about investing in your long-term career growth and potential
• Fun (yet optional) Raylo quarterly socials, plus summer and Christmas parties
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.