Senior Risk Strategy Manager
Posted on Saturday, July 1, 2023
Who we are
We are a highly ambitious team; focused and truly collaborative. We empower people to take ownership through meaningful and impactful work. We exist to help people and the planet, it’s a big statement but one you’ll wear with pride.
Raylo is here to change how people get their tech for good. That means giving them access to the products they really want, but doing so in a responsible, sustainable way.
We provide Seamless Circularity, where every device gets an extended life through our automatic, effortless cycle of refurb, reuse and recycle.
Our secret sauce is leasing. By providing a subscription alternative, we're cracking open a staid old market and bringing real change to consumers and the environment. Less waste, better value. We’re serious - we want to lead the change in consumption of consumer technology.
Life at Raylo
• We are an organically collaborative and dynamic team
• We embrace innovation, seek out challenges and always aim for excellence
• We take intelligent risks, celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes
• We help each other by listening, challenging thought and continually improving
• We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute, and are a curious and gritty bunch
What to expect
Risk strategy is at the heart of Raylo - it's one of our core competitive advantages. We’ve built industry-leading risk technology, data and platforms that have enabled us to grow fast but sustainably. It’s a strong foundation and we’re now looking for an ambitious leader to drive our growth in the UK and beyond through the development of world-class risk, data & analytic strategies.
You will report to the Director of Strategy and Analytics and lead the Risk Strategy team. You’ll use your technical and quantitative skills to drive change across the business while enabling your team members to deliver growth focused on our Risk platform. You will champion smart, data-driven decisions that sustainably grow Raylo and nurture talent in the team that you build. Raylo’s success will rely on your impact on risk decisions, as you take a core role in sustainably growing the business to a different scale.
Through 2023, Raylo is uniquely placed to buck the macroeconomic trend and enter a new phase of growth, with Risk Strategy at the core. You’ll work closely with the co-founders and other senior business leaders as your ideas help reshape our product’s fundamentals. You and your team will be responsible for defining the future direction of a core strategic advantage.
You’ll be great at..
Using your technical skills to get into the detail of our data and strategies (SQL is a must), while being able to think strategically and deliver as part of a larger team. You'll enjoy collaborating in a fast-paced environment both within Risk Strategy and as part of high performing cross-functional teams
You have great stakeholder management skills and love using your analytical skills to champion data-driven decision-making, educate others and fuel growth for the business. You'll take full responsibility for business-critical functions and lead the development of Raylo’s core competitive advantage, ensuring we stay ahead
We’re not looking for you to meet every point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you could add value and do your best work here at Raylo. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Opportunities & Benefits
Your chance to make an impact. We want what you can bring - what makes you special. Through trust, collaboration and autonomy, you can have an impact right from the off.
Be part of the change. You will join one of the fastest growing fintech startups, backed by Octopus Investments, where you can change how people get their tech for good
Other benefits include;
• 33 days holiday per year (25 days, + an extra 8 days to choose the days that mean most to you)
• Stock options - get a real stake in your company’s growth
• Hybrid working environment
• Free sustainable breakfast and snacks, every day you’re in the office
• Workplace Nursery Scheme
• Perkbox membership - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial and mental wellbeing
• To do your best work, we’ll give you a laptop and a Raylo phone
• Udemy Business corporate subscription - access to 15,000+ courses covering business, tech, and wellness skills
• Learning budget - we care deeply about investing in your long-term career growth and potential
• Fun (yet optional) Raylo quarterly socials, plus summer and Christmas parties
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.