Supply Chain Director
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Who we are
We are a highly ambitious team; focused and truly collaborative. We empower people to take ownership through meaningful and impactful work. We exist to help people and the planet, it’s a big statement but one you’ll wear with pride.
Raylo is here to change how people get their tech for good. That means giving them access to the products they really want, but doing so in a responsible, sustainable way.
We provide Seamless Circularity, where every device gets an extended life through our automatic, effortless cycle of refurb, reuse and recycle.
Our secret sauce is leasing. By providing a subscription alternative, we're cracking open a staid old market and bringing real change to consumers and the environment. Less waste, better value. We’re serious - we want to lead the change in consumption of consumer technology.
Life at Raylo
• We are an organically collaborative and dynamic team
• We embrace innovation, seek out challenges and always aim for excellence
• We take intelligent risks, celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes
• We help each other by listening, challenging thought and continually improving
• We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute, and are a curious and gritty bunch
What to expect
We’re looking for a Supply Chain Director to join our Operations function to be accountable for the Profit and Loss from our trading activities, and enable us to scale efficiently. You will lead on the management of our inventory and industrialise our approach. As we continue to scale, it is important that we maintain efficiency and carry out this process in the most effective way.
You’ll be heading up a competent and skilled team and will set goals, define objectives, and create a roadmap for achieving operational excellence and cost-effectiveness. You will also define key performance indicators (KPIs) and establish metrics to monitor and evaluate the performance of the supply chain and continue to iterate this in a sustainable way as Raylo grows. You’ll also have the chance to collaborate with stakeholders across different departments, such as sales, marketing, and finance, fostering a cross-functional and collaborative work environment.
This is a great opportunity to scale across Raylo’s strategic planning and problem-solving while working collaboratively to optimise complex operational processes. You’ll have autonomy to make change happen and pave the way for further growth for our supply chain management.
You'll be great at
- Coaching, managing and leading a successful team. You’ll provide guidance, set performance expectations, and foster a collaborative and high-performing team culture.
- Leveraging technology and innovation to drive supply chain excellence. You’ll know how to evaluate and implement supply chain management systems, automation tools, and data analytics platforms to enhance visibility, streamline processes, and improve decision-making.
- Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain processes. You’ll analyse the end-to-end supply chain, identify areas of improvement, and implement strategies to enhance productivity, reduce costs, and minimise waste.
We’re not looking for you to meet every point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you could add value and do your best work here at Raylo. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Opportunities & Benefits
Your chance to make an impact. We want what you can bring - what makes you special. Through trust, collaboration and autonomy, you can have an impact right from the off.
Be part of the change. You will join one of the fastest growing fintech startups, backed by Octopus Investments, where you can change how people get their tech for good
Other benefits include;
• 33 days holiday per year (25 days, + an extra 8 days to choose the days that mean most to you)
• Stock options - get a real stake in your company’s growth
• Hybrid working environment
• Free sustainable breakfast and snacks, every day you’re in the office
• Workplace Nursery Scheme
• Perkbox membership - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial and mental wellbeing
• To do your best work, we’ll give you a laptop and a Raylo phone
• Udemy Business corporate subscription - access to 15,000+ courses covering business, tech, and wellness skills
• Learning budget - we care deeply about investing in your long-term career growth and potential
• Fun (yet optional) Raylo quarterly socials, plus summer and Christmas parties
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.
See more open positions at Raylo
Something looks off?