Senior Manager - Operations
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Who we are
We are a highly ambitious team; focused and truly collaborative. We empower people to take ownership through meaningful and impactful work. We exist to help people and the planet, it’s a big statement but one you’ll wear with pride.
Raylo is here to change how people get their tech for good. That means giving them access to the products they really want, but doing so in a responsible, sustainable way.
We provide Seamless Circularity, where every device gets an extended life through our automatic, effortless cycle of refurb, reuse and recycle.
Our secret sauce is leasing. By providing a subscription alternative, we're cracking open a staid old market and bringing real change to consumers and the environment. Less waste, better value. We’re serious - we want to lead the change in consumption of consumer technology.
Life at Raylo
• We are an organically collaborative and dynamic team
• We embrace innovation, seek out challenges and always aim for excellence
• We take intelligent risks, celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes
• We help each other by listening, challenging thought and continually improving
• We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute, and are a curious and gritty bunch
What to expect
Our Operations Team is at the core of delivering our mission. We’re entering an exciting phase of growth and are looking for an exceptional Manager who is ready to take the next step in their career, or an experienced Senior Manager who is looking for a big challenge to join us. You’ll be at the forefront of execution and continuous improvement in Operations, helping us achieve operational excellence, with a key role in process improvement to help us scale efficiently and effectively.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, you’ll oversee the execution of our strategy to bill and collect cash and assets from our customer base. You will also own process and technology optimisation projects that are core to our mission. As a Senior Manager, you’ll partner with a broad range of stakeholders, in Operations and across Raylo and will have a significant exposure to the Senior Leadership Team on a daily basis.
You’ll be responsible for defining core operational workflows and driving continuous improvement initiatives. You’ll use a combination of customer insights, data, and industry best practice to align with key stakeholders on various change initiatives and directly manage implementation and monitoring, communicating along the way to senior leadership.
You'll be great at
- Driving transformation and continuous process improvement. You’ve had experience in management consultancy, or a scaling business and can deliver operational excellence that brings positive change.
- Using data to recognise trends, and make decisions. You’ll be data driven in your approach to management and change and see the importance of using data to drive business decisions.
- Effectively communicating, partnering and collaborating cross functionally. You have exceptional business acumen and use this to proactively identify opportunities for improvement.
We’re not looking for you to meet every point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you could add value and do your best work here at Raylo. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Opportunities & Benefits
Your chance to make an impact. We want what you can bring - what makes you special. Through trust, collaboration and autonomy, you can have an impact right from the off.
Be part of the change. You will join one of the fastest growing fintech startups, backed by Octopus Investments, where you can change how people get their tech for good
Other benefits include;
• 33 days holiday per year (25 days, + an extra 8 days to choose the days that mean most to you)
• Stock options - get a real stake in your company’s growth
• Hybrid working environment
• Free sustainable breakfast and snacks, every day you’re in the office
• Workplace Nursery Scheme
• Perkbox membership - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial and mental wellbeing
• To do your best work, we’ll give you a laptop and a Raylo phone
• Udemy Business corporate subscription - access to 15,000+ courses covering business, tech, and wellness skills
• Learning budget - we care deeply about investing in your long-term career growth and potential
• Fun (yet optional) Raylo quarterly socials, plus summer and Christmas parties
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.
See more open positions at Raylo
Something looks off?