Operations Associate - Collections
Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2023
Who we are
We are a highly ambitious team; focused and truly collaborative. We empower people to take ownership through meaningful and impactful work. We exist to help people and the planet, it’s a big statement but one you’ll wear with pride.
Raylo is here to change how people get their tech for good. That means giving them access to the products they really want, but doing so in a responsible, sustainable way.
We provide Seamless Circularity, where every device gets an extended life through our automatic, effortless cycle of refurb, reuse and recycle.
Our secret sauce is leasing. By providing a subscription alternative, we're cracking open a staid old market and bringing real change to consumers and the environment. Less waste, better value. We’re serious - we want to lead the change in consumption of consumer technology.
Life at Raylo
• We are an organically collaborative and dynamic team
• We embrace innovation, seek out challenges and always aim for excellence
• We take intelligent risks, celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes
• We help each other by listening, challenging thought and continually improving
• We live our mission, walk in our customers’ shoes, focus and execute, and are a curious and gritty bunch
What to Expect
Our Collections team are great at building relationships with customers to understand what is happening and why. You’ll handle difficult situations on chat, email or the phone and will need to display empathy and resilience. As the first point of contact, you’ll be deep diving into the customer’s circumstances, finding out the root cause of missed payments and helping them get back on track. It’s difficult work, but you’ll make a real impact on people’s lives.
You’ll work alongside other passionate and motivated team members who are either experienced customer advocates or credit controllers with a proactive mindset.
You'll own workflows to speak with customers and hone your skills to build and negotiate positive outcomes. Once established, you’ll develop yourself and team by being curious and discovering new improved ways of working.
We’ll expect you to be comfortable working towards targets, have high standards, attention to detail and be able to quickly analyse problems or data and communicate clear and informed solutions that enhance the customer’s journey.
What we're looking for
- Experienced and passionate about working within a customer facing environmentGreat at building relationships with people or customers and developing a lasting rapport
- Strong people skills – you’re an active listener with great empathy and can understand the situation from the customers point of view
- Strong negotiation skills to support with the reduction of outstanding payments, credit controller experience is a bonus
- A team player, self-motivated and proactive to help and share in the success of the team
We’re not looking for you to meet every point on this job description, please still get in touch if you think you could add value and do your best work here at Raylo. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Opportunities & Benefits
Your chance to make an impact. We want what you can bring - what makes you special. Through trust, collaboration and autonomy, you can have an impact right from the off.
Be part of the change. You will join one of the fastest growing fintech startups, backed by Octopus Investments, where you can change how people get their tech for good
Other benefits include;
• 33 days holiday per year (25 days, + an extra 8 days to choose the days that mean most to you)
• Stock options - get a real stake in your company’s growth
• Hybrid working environment
• Free sustainable breakfast and snacks, every day you’re in the office
• Workplace Nursery Scheme
• Perkbox membership - hundreds of perks and discounts to support physical, financial and mental wellbeing
• To do your best work, we’ll give you a laptop and a Raylo phone
• Udemy Business corporate subscription - access to 15,000+ courses covering business, tech, and wellness skills
• Learning budget - we care deeply about investing in your long-term career growth and potential
• Fun (yet optional) Raylo quarterly socials, plus summer and Christmas parties
Raylo is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and believe it adds value to our organisation. Working at Raylo is super fun and we’d love to tell you more about it.
See more open positions at Raylo
Something looks off?