CADC/LCADC - New Jersey (Part-Time)
New Jersey, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Pelago is the world’s leading virtual clinic for Substance Use Management. Our program provides guidance, support and treatment for members seeking to overcome their tobacco, alcohol and opioid use. From unhealthy habits to active substance use disorders, Pelago delivers a personalized solution based on individual health, habits, genetics, and goals, providing care for members wherever they might be on the substance use spectrum.
Pelago's suite of virtual services ranges from education, to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to comprehensive medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Pelago enables employers and health plans to deliver accessible, affordable, and effective treatment for substance misuse.
This is a fully remote position which requires you to be licensed to practice in the state of this listing.
We're looking for a remote drug and alcohol counselor to join the leading digital clinic for substance addictions. As one of our counselors, you will be supporting and empowering members to overcome their substance addictions. Your ultimate goal will be to lead members to live addiction-free lives! You will work closely with the whole team contributing to the fast growth of the business and gaining first-hand experience of what it takes to scale up a successful business. This is a remote position based anywhere in the USA, but candidates must be licensed in the state of the posting.
As a Drug & Alcohol Counselor, You Will:
- Provide counseling to members on a weekly basis through text-based chat, video calls, and phone calls, to monitor their progress on their recovery journey.
- Onboard the users with an initial phone call and complete a multidimensional assessment to gather relevant behavioral health history and symptoms.
- Monitor the progress of members and offer therapeutic strategies on how to deal with temptations and cravings.
- Be supportive and encouraging to members to help them establish and sustain motivation to change their substance use.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a positive experience for all members and provide valuable feedback to the product development team.
- Uphold good standing with your active license(s)/certification(s)
- Attend team meetings and/or case discussions as scheduled
- Maintain up-to-date availability; we’re looking for a commitment of 10 hours per month to begin as a minimum
- Help someone transform their life and the life of their family through their addiction recovery!
We Are Looking For You To Bring:
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience delivering CBT and/or behavioral support for individuals with substance use disorders, including tobacco, alcohol, and/or opioid use disorders
- Either MS/MA (preferred) and/or BS (preferred)/BA in a related field
- Proficient with evidence-based practices such as Motivational Interviewing, Motivational Enhancement Therapy, Medication Assisted Treatments, and Relapse Prevention
- Ability to work collaboratively with healthcare professionals from different disciplines, including coaches, physicians and nurses
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to adapt to fast-changing environments
- Ability to prioritize competing work demands
- Technologically proficient and able to swiftly adapt to technological developments
- Bonus: Quantitative/qualitative research experience
- Hold an active state credential (license/certification), issued via a state credentialing board
- Preference given for unrestricted credentials i.e., able to work independently, without supervision, from a licensed supervisor
- Hold a relevant credential (license/certification) that is eligible/recognized by a national credentialing body– either the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) and/or the Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC)
- Active IC&RC or NAADAC Certification is ideal!
- Potential eligible credentials may include (but are not limited to): AADC, CAADC, CADAC, CADC-II, CADC-I, ADC, CS, LADC, LCADC, MAC, NCAC-I, NCAC-II
- LCSW & LICSW whose scope of practice, training, and experience include SUD treatment
Please Read Before Applying:
- Hours and Availability: Must be open and flexible, with the understanding that we cannot guarantee more than the quoted minimum commitment at this time (10 hours a month). Must have weekly availability (M-F) to take onboarding calls and speak to members (times vary). Counselors will only provide services to members who reside in states in which you are currently licensed/certified to practice.
- Equipment & Home Office Requirements: Must have an established work-from-home office with adequate internet connection– between 50 to 100 Mbps of dedicated internet bandwidth for working from home is recommended, dependent on total household users. Must have a confidential workspace.