Principal Product Manager - Commercial Program Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Pelago is the world’s leading virtual clinic for Substance Use Management. Our program provides guidance, support and treatment for members seeking to overcome their tobacco, alcohol and opioid use. From unhealthy habits to active substance use disorders, Pelago delivers a personalized solution based on individual health, habits, genetics, and goals, providing care for members wherever they might be on the substance use spectrum.
Pelago's suite of virtual services ranges from education, to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to comprehensive medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Pelago enables employers and health plans to deliver accessible, affordable, and effective treatment for substance misuse.
The mission for Pelago is to help 100m people quit their addiction. We do this by bringing together the best in digital and human-led care to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our members. This role will be leading our ‘Product Engagement’ squad. You will work in a cross functional squad including Frontend, Mobile and Backend Engineers, and Design, to drive engagement. You’ll be driving innovation opportunities to create richer, more engaging experiences that ultimately improve our member’s clinical outcomes. We are looking for amazing candidates who can demonstrate a high caliber across 4 key areas: insights, strategy, execution and leadership.
As an architect for the next generation of core Pelago products and services, this role requires a strong track record of personally leading the development of commercially successful digital products, preferably in healthcare or an adjacent space. You will have shown progressive responsibility for a product line or profitable single product that has demonstrated strong product market fit and financial performance that measurably contributed to your company’s growth. You have mastered the nuances of discovery, market assessment, alignment with sales and marketing, financial model development , pricing, and go-to-market strategies that led to measurable product success. While business-level technical skills are important, this role will be highly commercially focused, and will be expected to help drive the ideation for new product lines with high financial impact – this is not primarily a feature or capability focused position,
This is an ideal role for directors or group PM’s who have decided that they would like to explore the path of a senior-level individual contributor.
- Lead the ideation, design, and development of the next generation of Pelago services
- Forge strong cross-functional relationships with key commercial stakeholders in sales, marketing, client support, and the Pelago care team
- Work closely with Pelago corporate customers and individual members to discover key, unmet needs
- Work with our team and leadership to inform overall product strategy and lead the strategy for multiple product domains.
- Speed up decision making by ensuring projects start with the right data, research, and alignment with stakeholders.
- Translate and communicate research and ambiguous solutions into tightly scoped, actionable plans.
- Develop and help prioritize stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Do whatever it takes to make your team and product successful. As a result, your and your team's work will make a difference to millions of people across the world!
The background we're looking for:
- 10+ years experience in senior-level product management from high quality, product-centric health care organizations
- Demonstrable success leading the development of high impact new products and/or product lines
- History building highly engaging digital experiences that drive long-term user retention
- Deep understanding of trends in digital healthcare or a very adjacent market
- Record of building successful relationships with corporate clients in order to discover B2B2C product needs and support successful launches. Success acting as domain expert/Product SME in client pitches and updates.
- Experience integrating digital products with live, human-delivered services
- Leadership in developing and nurturing an experimentation mindset and iterative development across an organization
- A track record of driving impact when faced with high complexity, ambiguous problems
- Mission-driven - wanting to build products that improve people’s lives
- Deep empathy with users and a mastery of qualitative UX research techniques
- Strong applied statistical knowledge and proficiency in extracting quantitative insights from raw data
Our teams at Pelago are made up of an incredible range of talented people from all walks of life. We believe that diversity of any description leads to innovation, idea sharing and collaboration.
Pelago is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. Diversity and Inclusion are paramount to the success of our mission and our culture is driven by our differences, each of which we embrace with open arms.