Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
Pelago is the world’s leading virtual clinic for Substance Use Management. Our program provides guidance, support and treatment for members seeking to overcome their tobacco, alcohol and opioid use. From unhealthy habits to active substance use disorders, Pelago delivers a personalized solution based on individual health, habits, genetics, and goals, providing care for members wherever they might be on the substance use spectrum.
Pelago's suite of virtual services ranges from education, to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to comprehensive medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Pelago enables employers and health plans to deliver accessible, affordable, and effective treatment for substance misuse.
You’re a compassionate counselor who will be supporting and empowering members to live addiction-free lives. You appreciate a collaborative environment with a support system of coaches and clinical supervisors. You want to help participants focus on actionable skills and building healthy, life-long habits through structured, evidence-based protocols. You will work closely with our clinical/care team contributing to our fast growing business.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Deliver remote care to members through text-based chat, video calls, and phone calls.
- Conduct a multidimensional assessment to gather relevant behavioral health history and symptoms.
- Monitor the progress of members, provide follow-up communications and offer personalized therapeutic strategies to guide members through their recovery journey.
- Be supportive and encouraging to members to help them establish and sustain motivation to change their substance use.
- Collaborate with other Pelago departments to ensure a positive experience for all members and provide valuable feedback to the product development team.
- Participate as a member of the care team and assist members as needed with accessing resources, as well as obtaining consent and authorization forms.
- Contribute to process improvement efforts and strategic projects.
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality as described in HIPAA Privacy & Security policies, and ensure compliance with annual training requirements
- Current Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Minimum 3,500 hours of supervision
- Ability to maintain a consistent schedule for patients (40 hrs/week from Mon-Fri)
- Clinical experience delivering CBT and/or behavioral support for individuals with substance use disorders, including tobacco, alcohol, and/or opioid use disorders
- Proficient with evidence-based practices such as Motivational Interviewing, Motivational Enhancement Therapy, Medication Assisted Treatments, and Relapse Prevention
- Advocate of Harm Reduction-based philosophy and practices
- Ability to work collaboratively with healthcare professionals, adapt to fast-changing environments and prioritize competing work demands
- Technologically proficient and able to swiftly adapt to technological developments
Our teams at Pelago are made up of an incredible range of talented people from all walks of life. We believe that diversity of any description leads to innovation, idea sharing and collaboration.
Pelago is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. Diversity and Inclusion are paramount to the success of our mission and our culture is driven by our differences, each of which we embrace with open arms.