Senior Product Designer
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Pelago is the world’s leading virtual clinic for Substance Use Management. Our program provides guidance, support and treatment for members seeking to overcome their tobacco, alcohol and opioid use. From unhealthy habits to active substance use disorders, Pelago delivers a personalized solution based on individual health, habits, genetics, and goals, providing care for members wherever they might be on the substance use spectrum.
Pelago's suite of virtual services ranges from education, to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to comprehensive medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Pelago enables employers and health plans to deliver accessible, affordable, and effective treatment for substance misuse.
We are looking for an experienced and user-focused Senior Product Designer who can identify problems and opportunities, and frame them in a way that guides the product team to deliver impactful work. You effectively collaborate cross-functionally to develop a vision and drive projects to completion. You’re motivated by goals and outcomes, staying focused on the big picture while giving care to the details when necessary. You iterate quickly and utilize data and user research to ensure you’re on the right path towards your goal.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional squad (product manager, engineers, designer) to shape and ship products that empower our clinical team to provide world class care for our members
- Design great experiences for our members from discovery to execution. You’ll sketch solutions, create prototypes, test ideas with users, and refine pixel-perfect designs with data-driven decisions
- Working with and improving our design system and design principles to make design decisions that scale
- Conduct research by talking to users and running experiments to understand our members' needs and pain points. Also, conduct competitive research to stay ahead of industry trends and differentiate ourselves from our competitors.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to drive design decisions that create user value and business impact
- Design and facilitate workshops and design sprints
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team and help teammates with refining ideas and visuals
The background we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- An online portfolio showing experience with mobile/desktop/web
Nice to haves:
- Experience in designing and building tools and infrastructure for healthcareA portfolio that shows excellent product design skills, across a variety of platforms and domains.
- Ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively to clinicians and engineers
- Experience working with, contributing to, and maintaining a design system
- Experience conducting qualitative/quantitative research
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, usertesting.com or similar
- Strong sense of urgency and adaptability. Tolerance for ambiguity is key, as our dynamic environment often requires quick, informed decision-making in uncertain situations.
Our teams at Pelago are made up of an incredible range of talented people from all walks of life. We believe that diversity of any description leads to innovation, idea sharing and collaboration.
Pelago is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. Diversity and Inclusion are paramount to the success of our mission and our culture is driven by our differences, each of which we embrace with open arms.