Senior Business Development Representative, Large Market
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Pelago is the world’s leading virtual clinic for Substance Use Management. Our program provides guidance, support and treatment for members seeking to overcome their tobacco, alcohol and opioid use. From unhealthy habits to active substance use disorders, Pelago delivers a personalized solution based on individual health, habits, genetics, and goals, providing care for members wherever they might be on the substance use spectrum.
Pelago's suite of virtual services ranges from education, to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to comprehensive medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Pelago enables employers and health plans to deliver accessible, affordable, and effective treatment for substance misuse.
Join our team as a Large Market Business Development Representative and be the driving force behind Pelago, a mission-driven organization tackling the addiction crisis head-on. As the leader in substance use management, Pelago is paving the way in delivering gold standard SUD treatment nationwide.
As a Large Market BDR, you'll play a pivotal role in introducing our groundbreaking digital clinic to the largest employers in the US. By doing this, you're helping ensure employees everywhere can access top-notch treatment for substance use disorders.
If you're a skilled B/SDR who’s great at making strong connections and truly wants to make a big difference, come help us change the game in digital healthcare and improve countless lives.
- Identify, contact, and qualify the most important accounts and decision makers
- Excite prospects about Pelago by communicating the benefits and key differentiators of our program and generate qualified business opportunities for the sales team
- Manage a pipeline of large employers (Mainly Fortune 1000) and consultant client contacts
- Consistently exceed sales accepted opportunity and evaluation quotas
- Maintain clean records in Salesforce
- Create and refine outreach content, sales messaging and qualifying techniques
- Work and strategize with other members of the commercial marketing team to create new opportunities
- Work 1:1 with your seller to sustain engagement on deals in the funnel
- Contribute to our team-oriented culture
- Make 30+ dials per day and send hundreds of emails each week to get in touch with decision makers
- Leverage LinkedIn, gifting platform and intent data to drive success with a multi-channel approach
- Bring a positive attitude and enthusiasm to work each day
The background we're looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or higher
- Self-starter nature
- Grit and determination - not afraid of rejection
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Data driven and results oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to build relationships with key decision makers
- Experience using sales technologies like Salesloft, Salesforce, Sales Navigator etc.
Our teams at Pelago are made up of an incredible range of talented people from all walks of life. We believe that diversity of any description leads to innovation, idea sharing and collaboration.
Pelago is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. Diversity and Inclusion are paramount to the success of our mission and our culture is driven by our differences, each of which we embrace with open arms.