Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Quit Genius is the #1 digital clinic for substance addictions. We are on a mission to help 100 million people overcome tobacco, alcohol and opioid addictions by combining technology, healthcare and design. It’s an ambitious mission, but one we fully believe in and we hire people who share our aspirations and core values.
We are a global team of doctors, designers, engineers and researchers who are aligned by one common goal. Authenticity, creativity, purpose and thoughtfulness are at the heart of everything we do to deliver that goal, so finding exceptional people to come on the journey is everything to us. Quit Genius has scaled to dozens of health plans and employers, covering over 2 million lives and has already helped more than 750,000 members conquer their addictions. As of 2021, we have raised $78M from leading global investors and now work with 100+ world-class team members across our New York, London, and remote offices.
If you are passionate about making an impact on the health of others, join us and make it happen!
As a Counselor Manager you will be supporting and empowering our team of D&A Counselors to provide quality care to their members as they assist their members to live addiction-free lives! You will work closely with the whole team contributing to the fast growth of the business and gaining first-hand experience of what it takes to scale up a successful business. This is a remote position based anywhere in the USA.
What You'll Be Doing
- What You'll Be Doing
- Provide counseling to members on a weekly basis through text-based chat and phone calls, to monitor their progress on their recovery journey
- Monitor the progress of members and offer therapeutic strategies on how to deal with temptations and cravings
- Be supportive and encouraging to members to help them establish and sustain motivation to change their substance use.
- Help our members transform their lives and the lives of their family through their addiction recovery!
- Provide performance + clinical supervision to Quit Genius D&A Counselors to assure appropriate and effective service delivery
- Oversee group supervision– Counselor Managers are responsible for assisting with oversight of treatment fidelity and clinical scope issues, triaging issues up to the VP of Clinical Affairs for further oversight and sign-off as appropriate
- Encourage a culture of continuous improvement, learning, and development
- Assist w/ quality assurance reviews (i.e. fidelity)
- Monitor employee and member satisfaction to ensure resilience amongst our counselor staff and a high-quality member experience
- Contribute to team training, as needed
- Aid in hiring and licensure processes, as needed
- Work cross functionally with other Operations & Care Managers to assess training and supervision needs and desires, solve operational challenges, and support the team and organization as it continues to scale
- Collaborate with other Quit Genius departments to ensure a positive experience for all members and provide valuable feedback to the product development team
Additional Responsibilities, As Needed
- Hold an active state credential (license/certification), issued via a state credentialing board
- Must be able to work independently, without supervision from a licensed supervisor
- Credentials in multiple states is highly valued
- Hold an active relevant credential (license/certification) that is recognized by a national credentialing body– either the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) and/or the Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC)
- Potential eligible credentials include–
- LISAC, AADAC, CAADC, CADC-II, CAC-II, NCAC-II, MAC, LCADC, MAC, NCSE minimum credentials
- LCSW & LICSW, LMHC, LPC etc. whose scope of practice, training, and experience include SUD treatment
What We Look For
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive leadership and managerial experience, preferably within a remote work environment
- Minimum 5 years of clinical experience delivering CBT and/or behavioral support for individuals with substance use disorders, including tobacco, alcohol, and/or opioid use disorders
- Either MS/MA (preferred) and/or BS (preferred)/BA in a related field
- A thorough understanding of addiction and the latest evidence-based practices for treatment
- Working knowledge of motivational interviewing techniques
- Able to work collaboratively with healthcare professionals from different disciplines, including physicians and nurses
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to adapt to fast-changing environments subject to ambiguity
- Ability to prioritize competing work demands
- Technologically proficient and able to swiftly adapt to technological developments
- Have an established work from home office w/ adequate internet connection and a confidential workspace
- Bonus: Quantitative/qualitative research experience
- Compensation for this role ranges from $68,000 - $70,000 per year based on years of experience in addiction medicine, as well as supervisory experience
Our teams at Quit Genius are made up of an incredible range of talented people from all walks of life. We believe that diversity of any description leads to innovation, idea sharing and collaboration.
Quit Genius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status. Diversity and Inclusion are paramount to the success of our mission and our culture is driven by our differences, each of which we embrace with open arms.
See more open positions at Quit Genius
Something looks off?