US Clinical Laboratory Technician
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
About Pear Bio
At Pear Bio, we are personalizing cancer treatment selection because every cancer is unique. To achieve this, we have developed a test that cultures patient tumor samples and matched immune cells, monitors cell behaviors during therapy exposure, and eliminates ineffective treatments for that patient. We are a VC-backed start-up headquartered in London, with a new laboratory at ABI-LAB 2,Natick, MA. To grow our company, we are looking for a Clinical Laboratory Technician to join our US clinical (CLIA) lab. Will you be the one?
This is a highly collaborative role as you will engage with internal staff and hospitals to run clinical trials, validation assays and personalized medicine assays to guide patient care. You will be processing patient primary tumors and matched whole blood to create 3D cell cultures using Pear Bio’s ex vivo microtumor culture system, then testing anti-cancer treatments and capturing live-cell tracking images via confocal microscopy.
This role will encompass testing patient samples from clinical trials and patient samples for commercial clinical (CLIA) lab testing. You will also be running Pear Bio’s analytical validation workflows to produce robust high quality data for regulatory applications to help commercialize Pear Bio precision medicine tests for cancer patients with high unmet need. You will be working as part of the Natick lab as well as working in collaboration with the wider London lab team.
Early March 2024
- Process & culture patient-derived tumor samples to conduct drug dosing and imaging assays
- Record-keeping of patient data for clinical and internal use
- Carry out validation testing of Pear Bio diagnostic workflows
- Work in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) to produce data of high quality and reproducibility
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment according to regulatory, environmental and health standards
- Bachelor’s degree in the Life Sciences
- Experience in aseptic cell culture techniques
- Experience working with mammalian tissue
- Thorough understanding of cancer biology
- Detail-oriented – ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Meticulous record keeping - ability to keep detailed records of experimental work and data in a timely manner
- Team player – this is a highly collaborative role where teamwork is essentialIndependent – once proficient, the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility – the understanding that due to a dynamic work environment, the occasional late night or weekend work may be required
- Immunized for Hepatitis B (all 3 doses received over a 6 month period) or willing to receive the first dose of the vaccine prior to the commencement of work with the intention of completing all 3 doses within 6 months
- If you are unwilling or unable to receive a course of the Hepatitis B vaccine you must be willing to sign a certificate of declination.
- If possible, please provide a vaccine medical exemption certificate should you have one available
Nice to Haves
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences
- Previous experience in 3D cell culture
- Experience in confocal microscopyExperience in conducting drug dosing assays
- Previous experience in a clinical (CLIA) laboratory running lab-developed tests with high quality and consistency
- Experience working in clinical trials
What’s in it for you
- Competitive compensation in line with industry standards
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision cover, 401(k)
- 15 Days PTO plus federal and state holidays
- Stock options in a growing startup
- Open work environment where your opinions are valued
- Career growth & personal development in a fast-paced environment
- Company perks / discounts via the MassBio network
- Annual professional development allowance
- The opportunity to represent Pear Bio at events in the US
- The chance to have an impact in shaping the future of an early-stage start-up
- We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. Please confirm your ability to work in the US without visa sponsorship before applying.
- You will be required to work the occasional weekend or late shifts based on a rotation to process fresh tumor samples. As a result, your work schedule can be flexible
- The position is not eligible for remote work. If you are not based in and around Natick/Boston, you will be expected to relocate.
How to Apply
If you think you have the right skills and experience, please apply via the Lever Careers page including your CV & cover letter.
Alternatively please email your CV & Cover Letter via careers(at)pearbio(dot)com or apply via our careers page on our website.
Learn more about our technology at pearbio(dot)com, follow us on social media via Linkedin: Pear Bio.