We are seeking a motivated scientist with relevant background experience to join the Bioprocessing Team at Ori Biotech. The successful candidate will work across a range of cell and gene therapy focused projects supporting product characterisation, biological testing, and data analysis. This position provides an opportunity to work alongside the technical and engineering teams during the final stages of the development cycle for Ori’s products.
To work closely with the Senior Scientists to ensure the successful delivery of project outputs. Key responsibilities include:
- Authoring and following standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Planning and execution of laboratory-based tasks, cell culture experiments and flow cytometry assays.
- Support laboratory-based development activities across a range of projects.
- Assist in the maintenance of the laboratory environment suitable for cell processing.
- Operating and maintaining equipment including FACS Lyric flow cytometer and automated cell counters.
- Attendance of weekly R&D meetings. Reporting of results to the wider team when required.
- Keep up-to-date on latest advancements in the field.
- Comply with company health and safety policies and quality framework.
- Cell culture experience with either Immune cells (Lymphocytes, PBMC, Dendritic cells) HSC CD34+ cells, hESC, hiPS, MSC or other clinically relevant cell types is essential.
- Knowledge of immunotherapy production including CAR and TCR therapies.
The following is also desirable:
- Experienced in cell processing technologies, particularly within upstream cell bioprocessing.
- Experience in cell isolation from one or more of the following sources: apheresis, peripheral or cord blood and/or bone marrow.
- Demonstrable experience in relevant analytical techniques (Cell counts, Flow Cytometry, metabolite analysis, PCR).
- Experience of expansion of immune cells in a bioreactor system.
- Knowledge and application of safety and quality procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Ability to be agile and work pro-actively as part of a small team.
- Takes initiative when required but keeps others informed of decisions.
- Capable of designing experiments with appropriate controls.
- Excellent organisational skills and project management skills.
- Keeps up to date with professional knowledge, expertise and best practice.
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives.
- Passionate about wanting to make a difference in patient outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical/Research degree (or above) in a relevant background including immunology, biology or other related life sciences area.