Vice President Marketing
VP, Global Marketing
Location: US-EDT or UK-GMT
Opensignal’s proprietary insights into consumer and business connectivity drive the strategies and actions that result in commercial success for communications-centric companies worldwide.
How you drive Impact
We are looking for an experienced global marketing leader with proven success scaling Technology or Data Analytics companies through rapid growth. The ideal candidate will develop strategies and tactics that build global awareness of our products and brand, and can be a driving force in translating our Go-To-Market strategies into executable programs and tactics.
The role will own and lead our global Demand Generation, Events/PR, Market Insights and Product Marketing teams to ensure that Opensignal corporate and product messaging, and insights-driven reports are effectively and consistently communicated to drive revenue growth.
This role reports to the Chief Revenue Officer. The ideal candidate should be a strategic thinker, visually creative, understand how to present and describe data in compelling ways, and be excited to innovate to meet market demands.
Areas of responsibility that you will oversee include:
Strategy,Planning, and Leadership
- Define, execute, and measure all marketing activities through effective leadership of the global marketing team.
- Develop and execute strategies for all areas of marketing including website, branding, public relations, advertising, white papers, trade shows, seminars and events, collateral materials, and market research management either directly or on an outsourced basis.
- Develop, in conjunction with leadership and the analytics team, marketing metrics that are solid and reflect the reach of and engagement with branded content.
- Manage relationships with external subject matter experts to drive content creation, PR, social, digital, creative and brand engagement experiences that embed the brand in the industry.
- Develop and maintain effective go-to-market plans for our product lines, audiences and geographies.
Brand and Corporate Communications
- Work closely with senior leadership to develop and enhance Opensignals’ storytelling ability and “brand story” in all of our markets and identify opportunities for brand and reputation building.
- Own brand guidelines and framework to ensure all company communications and interactions with personas are aligned with brand values and amplify brand equity.
- Create compelling thought leadership content to drive brand awareness and/or promote our products including white papers, case studies, webinars, social media content, etc.
- Manage Public and Analyst Relations to successfully execute on driving awareness and differentiating our brand vs. the competition.
- Define and develop the product marketing practice at Opensignal.
- Work with product management to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages.
- Oversee the development of customer-facing materials, such as the website, videos, brochures, sales collateral, etc.
- Work closely with product and sales teams on current target market focus, explore additional markets and establish the foundation for our longer-term vision.
- Ensure a strong connection to customer needs through direct engagement and partnership with internal sales and customer success teams.
- Develop a unified event and field marketing strategy spanning multiple geographies and customer segments.
- Ensure all aspects of each event or activity are executed, and metrics are measured.
- Establish and proactively manage budget; evaluate results against goals and generate learnings for improvement.
- Define and execute on our go-to-market strategies with effective demand gen programs that drive qualified leads for the business.
- Work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer to develop channel partner strategies and programs. Design and execute strategic demand generation via partnerships.
- Define and direct marketing programs for demand creation, lead generation and interface with sales leadership for lead tracking and management.
- Collaborate on all definitions, processes, and interfaces with sales and finance necessary to ensure transparent and accurate flow of information.
What you bring to the table
- 8-10+ years progressive B2B marketing experience with technology, or data offerings at an enterprise level sale; experience in the Telecom industry is preferred but not required.
- Prior work in a dynamic start-up environment where you have been responsible for and/or contributed to the company’s culture.
- A track record of creating, testing and executing marketing strategies that resulted in substantial growth.
- Experience developing and managing global, integrated marketing and brand campaigns.
- Demonstrated success hiring, mentoring, coaching and retaining a high-performing global team.
- Effective at breaking large challenges into smaller tasks and delegating efficiently.
- Able to build a strategy, exhibit a habit of “hands-on” execution, and own the goals you’ve established and their outcomes.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment where playing ‘across the lines’ both departmentally and geographically.
- Strong analytical skills that support data-driven marketing decisions.
We believe we are stronger when we not only celebrate our many differences, values, and voices but include them in everyday practice. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is essential, which is why we offer a flexible approach to work-life balance, operating in a remote-hybrid way. We’ll help you get set up with the essentials you need to work from home or the office. We also offer an attractive range of additional benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation packages including a long-term equity program.
- Comprehensive group benefits package and company sponsored retirement savings plan
- Professional development opportunities: education reimbursement, learning allowance, company-sponsored workshops, and more!
- Generous holiday allowance, sick leave, parental leave, flexibility including Flex Fridays, and the opportunity to work from abroad.
- Charity matching and time off for community volunteering and DE&I program/committees.
- Regular virtual and in-person events and socials.
At this time, the company is not able to sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.
With offices in London, Boston and Victoria, British Columbia, we are truly international, with employees working across four continents and representing over 25 nationalities. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, disability, national origin, gender and gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital and civil partnership status, veteran status or pregnancy or maternity.