Director of Business Development
Job title: Director, Business Development
Reporting to: Chief Revenue Officer
We are looking for a Director of Business Development to increase company revenue by identifying profitable business opportunities, opening up doors, and developing long-term business growth strategies. This person understands the goals, opportunities and challenges global telecommunications providers face.
They can clearly identify and articulate the necessity of Opensignal's portfolio of solutions to prospective clients; ensuring our revenue targets drive overall growth. The Director is adept at cultivating relationships that position our services to prospective clients ensuring our revenue targets are met and exceeded.
The ideal candidate will have strong business acumen – the ability to analyze financial, statistical and economic data to establish a growth strategy - and have proven success in establishing credibility with senior commercial leaders (CMO, CRO) to open doors that ultimately lead to sales.
You will also have proven success working closely with product development and sales to match solutions to market needs - leveraging excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills. The role reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer.
What you will be doing
- Gain insight into client challenges and adapt our current technology solutions with their specific needs/desired business outcomes while influencing the direction of future product growth and development.
- Develop and execute complex, long-term pursuit plans to capture new business, collaborating across functions.
- Analyze industry trends, competitor activities, and market conditions to identify new opportunities.
- Collaborate closely with technical sales, product management and development to provide customer feedback and market intelligence into the product strategy process.
- Become the ‘go-to-person’ with all things related to exploring new business opportunities for the company, using data-driven insights to refine strategies and processes for optimum results.
- Measure progress against set KPIs, escalating as required to address areas of concern.
- Efficiently organize workload to surpass sales metrics and accurately forecast all revenue opportunities in a timely manner.
- Inform the company’s forecasting and planning process from a sales perspective with detailed monthly / quarterly / annual bookings forecast.
- Proven ability to access and sell into C-level commercial leaders
- Leverages expertise and consultative approach to influence, educate and inspire others toward accomplishing a common goal
- Adept at identifying target customer audiences to bring together (decision makers, influencers) to drive traction towards a commercial outcome.
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of complex product/solution sales, and has proven success working with unstructured solutions (having a mix of sales and delivery a plus).
- Highly proficient in delivering compelling presentations.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter and holding oneself accountable to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with team members, cross-functional teams, customers and leadership.
- Ability to travel >50% internationally.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in business development, including a clear track record in driving growth for businesses with enterprise level subscription revenue; and knowledge of where and how commercial leaders invest on analytics solutions and services.
- Business Administration, Sales, Marketing or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in HubSpot or similar CRM software for managing and forecasting sales opportunities preferred.
- Knowledge of local and international industry trends in telecommunications is a plus.
Opensignal is the leading global provider of data and analytics that improve competitive performance and business results for connectivity-centric businesses worldwide. Leading analysts, investors and financial institutions place a high value on our independent analysis and we are regular contributors to their reports.
Our passion for advancing connectivity for all, and the Opensignal team is enabling our customers worldwide to link their network experience and commercial performance in a way that has never before been possible.
With offices in London, Boston and Victoria, British Columbia, we are truly global, with employees working across four continents and representing over 25 nationalities. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.