Chief of Staff
Opensignal Chief of Staff Role Description
The Opensignal Chief of Staff role is a unique opportunity for a talented individual to accelerate their development by working next to the CEO in a growing portfolio company owned by a highly successful PE firm.
The Chief of Staff will gain experience across the full breadth of business management by partnering with leadership across operations, talent management, and finance. The Chief of Staff will act as the team-wide glue for the executive leadership team, with a seat at the table for strategy sessions, operating analyses, longer-term growth initiatives, and the day-to-day running of the company.
Expected travel is modest. While we are remote-first, we require proximity to Boston to allow for in-person collaboration time.
- Support the CEO and executive team with preparation of presentations for the board. Partners with the team to gather relevant information, conduct analysis, define the appropriate story, and create board-ready presentations.
- Engage with PE investors and internal stakeholders to create and deliver strategic analysis and financial modeling for complex long-term growth opportunities Management Team Operations
- Support the CEO and leadership team in developing and clarifying organizational goals and strategies.
- Create accountability for the executive leadership team to ensure proper focus against strategic growth goals.
- Serves as a partner to the CEO to ensure that he keeps focus on the "important but not urgent" category of projects and initiatives.
- Manage the business operating cadence for senior leadership to maintain cohesion and to track progress against strategic objectives.
- Connects with the team across the organization and builds an understanding of strategic / operational barriers to success; and escalates to CEO and leadership as needed to keep us on track
- Manage strategic initiatives and special projects as needed; Define and lead execution against the plan, often working with stakeholders from across the business.
- In partnership with the CEO and others as named, develop and facilitate executive team workshops in support of business operations.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
We are seeking extraordinary individuals with high IQ, EQ, and AQ (adversity quotient) but who are also humble, lifelong learners with a growth mindset. The ideal candidate is:
- Action-Oriented and collaborative: You take on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. You display a can-do attitude and step up to handle tough issues.
- Experienced with financial or strategic analysis to highlight issues/opportunities and drive action at the senior management and board level
- Solution-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to use good judgment to simplify complex problems and build a structure and plan to move work along
- Highly organized, and able to bring that organization with a set of functional tools; You are confident and comfortable holding leaders accountable and on task as a partner.
- Adept at creating processes and supporting teams to achieve positive outcomes
- Enthusiastic, personable, and professional - you can operate across an organization and communicate to influence
- Persistent, proactive, and self-motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision;
- Able to learn quickly and be flexible with the demands of the role
- Experience working in management consulting, investment banking, or experience working in growth equity software / technology businesses
- Desire for a MBA knowledge base – can be pre- or post-
- Understands the general operating model of a data analytics organization. You use knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide your actions.
- Able to understand complex product organizations and the technology teams that enable them;
- Enterprise, SaaS and/or Telecom industry experience
- Scale-up organizations or post-M&A integration
Opensignal is the leading global provider of data and analytics that improve competitive performance and business results for connectivity-centric businesses worldwide. Leading analysts, investors and financial institutions place a high value on our independent analysis and we are regular contributors to their reports.
Our passion for advancing connectivity for all, and the Opensignal team is enabling our customers worldwide to link their network experience and commercial performance in a way that has never before been possible.
With offices in London, Boston and Victoria, British Columbia, we are truly global, with employees working across four continents and representing over 25 nationalities. We are an equal-opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We believe we are stronger when we not only celebrate our many differences, values, and voices but include them in everyday practice. Our diverse and inclusive culture is key to our success, which is why we offer a flexible approach to how we work. We also offer an attractive range of additional benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation packages including a long-term equity program
- Comprehensive group benefits package and company sponsored retirement savings plan (details depend on your country of work)
- Professional development opportunities: education reimbursement, learning allowance, company-sponsored workshops, and more!
- Generous holiday allowance, sick leave, parental leave, flexibility including Flex Fridays, and the opportunity to work from abroad
- Charity matching and paid time off for community volunteering and DE&I program/committees
- Regular virtual and in-person events and socials