Market Research Analyst
Department: Market Solutions
Location: Boston, MA (Hybrid)
How you will make an impact..
We’re looking for a Market Research Analyst to join the Client Analytics & Insights (CAI) team at Opensignal. The Client Analytics & Insights team analyzes and interprets our proprietary data, conducts external research, and aims to understand market and consumer trends within the telecom industry. Empowered with this data and analysis, our clients are able to focus on strategic decisions and drive their business forward.
The Market Research Analyst candidate should enjoy working with data and translating it into a compelling story. The Market Research Analyst will work with large, ambiguous, datasets and collaborate with team members to build client deliverables on a day-to-day basis. The Market Research Analyst will represent the Opensignal brand in communications with clients and be dedicated to creating an outstanding customer experience. A willingness to learn and grow is a must. This role reports to the Director of CAI.
What you will be doing?
Including but not limited to:
- Analyze and interpret internal data while incorporating external research
- Research and develop an understanding of key industry events and top industry competitors
- Identify trends and relationships within the data
- Create, edit and participate in client presentations
- Collaborate with team members on client research questions and ad hoc projects
Required Skills & Abilities
- Several years of work experience in business, economics, consulting, business analysis, research, marketing, finance or statistical modeling
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Basic knowledge of SQL and Powerpoint
- Comfortable evaluating quantitative and qualitative data to identify trends and relationships
- Written, oral, and presentation skills
- Curiosity and a desire to continuously learn and improve
- Self-motivated and determined problem solver that enjoys working in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of Tableau, VB
- Experience with statistical and business models
- Knowledge of (or an interest in learning) the Telecommunications industry
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
At this time, Opensinal will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this
position. This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your
Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Opensignal is the leading global provider of independent insight and data into network experience and market performance. Our user-centric approach allows communication providers to constantly improve their network and maximize commercial performance. Leading analysts, investors and financial institutions place a high value on our independent analysis and we are regular contributors to their reports.
Real network experience is our focus and ultimately that’s what influences customer choice. Our mission is to advance connectivity for all and here at Opensignal, the team is leading the industry in enabling operators to link their network experience and market performance in a way that has never before been possible.
With offices in London, Boston and Victoria, British Columbia, we are truly global, with employees working across four continents and representing over 25 nationalities. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We believe we are stronger when we not only celebrate our many differences, values, and voices but include them in everyday practice. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is essential, which is why we offer a flexible approach to work-life balance, operating in a remote-hybrid way. We’ll help you get set up with the essentials you need to work from home or the office. We also offer an attractive range of additional benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation packages including a long-term equity program
- Comprehensive group benefits package and company sponsored retirement savings plan (details depend on your country of work)
- Professional development opportunities: education reimbursement, learning allowance, company-sponsored workshops, and more
- Generous holiday allowance, sick leave, parental leave, flexibility including Flex Fridays, and the opportunity to work from abroad
- Charity matching and time off for community volunteering and DE&I program/committees
- Regular virtual and in-person events and socials