Director - Client Analytics & Insights
Department: Market Solutions
Location: Boston, MA or Remote
How you will make an impact...
Opensignal helps major players in the telecom ecosystem understand and improve their market performance. We do this by leveraging our proprietary data, analytics expertise and telecom industry knowledge in an ongoing engagement with our clients, helping them to make better marketing decisions and ultimately, to attract and retain more customers.
We’re looking for a Director to join our Client Analytics & Insights (CAI) team. The CAI team provides an advisory service that turns Opensignal’s proprietary data into useful market insights for our clients. The Director will lead the engagement with one or more major client accounts and manage a dedicated analyst team to support their clients.
The Director will apply creativity, analytical skill and industry knowledge to our client’s most critical business questions. The Director will enjoy working with data and translating it into a compelling story based on an in-depth understanding of the client. They will work with large, complex data sets and collaborate with team members to build client deliverables. The Director will develop real, actionable insights and recommendations for our clients. The Director will represent the Opensignal brand in communications across the client organization, often with senior executives, and be dedicated to creating an outstanding customer experience. This role reports to VP, Client Analytics & Insights.
What you will be doing?
Including but not limited to:
● Engage deeply with your assigned clients by proactively identifying and communicating opportunities for growth, responding to ad-hoc requests to answer business questions and delivering regular reports for clients.
● Own and manage relationships with assigned clients. Work to ensure high levels of client satisfaction, support contract renewals, and drive sales of new products.
● Tell stories with data – starting from detailed examination of data, develop compelling narratives about market trends and implication for our clients
● Manage the execution of novel and complex analysis that leverages Opensignal’s proprietary data and other in-house data sets
● Develop and deliver client presentations. The Director will lead junior team members and contribute independently in creating Powerpoint presentations for in-person and remote delivery to our clients
● Lead teams to apply tools such as Excel, SQL, R and to extract useful data, to create reports, ultimately to deliver client insights
● Serve as an industry expert by analyzing key industry trends, events, and players. Contribute to the development of Opensignal’s thought leadership
● Partner with sales and marketing to communicate Opensignal’s capabilities, product suite and market insights to client and prospects
● Understand and anticipate client needs to drive research, product development and client priorities
● Critically evaluate the methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy
● Lead one or more dedicated client teams comprised of 1-4 Analysts, Sr. Analysts, and Managers
● Manage performance reviews, mentoring, and professional development for team members. Maintain an inclusive and supportive team environment.
Required Skills & Abilities
● 7-10+ years of experience in business analysis, data analysis, market research, or management consulting.
● 3+ years telecommunications industry experience (wireless, broadband, cable, and/or device markets).
● 3+ years of experience leading teams to execute novel analysis of diverse data sets.
● Experience managing teams using Excel, SQL, R and other tools for analysis of large data sets.
● Demonstrated experience owning client and/or stakeholder relationships.
● Excellent critical thinking and problem solving.
● Strong business writing and presentation development skills.
● Demonstrated ability to thrive in fast-paced and unstructured environments.
● Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing staff development (e.g. reviews, promotions).
● Experience in B2B SaaS businesses a plus.
● Prior consulting experience a plus.
Please Submit Resume & Cover Letter
At this time, Opensignal will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Opensignal is the leading global provider of independent insight and data into network experience and market performance. Our user-centric approach allows communication providers to constantly improve their network and maximise commercial performance. Leading analysts, investors and financial institutions place a high value on our independent analysis and we are regular contributors to their reports.
Real network experience is our focus and ultimately that’s what influences customer choice. Our mission is to advance connectivity for all and here at Opensignal, the team is leading the industry in enabling operators to link their network experience and market performance in a way that has never before been possible.
With offices in London, Boston and Victoria, British Columbia, we are truly global, with employees working across four continents and representing over 25 nationalities. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We believe we are stronger when we not only celebrate our many differences, values, and voices
but include them in everyday practice. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is essential, which is
why we offer a flexible approach to work-life balance, operating in a remote-hybrid way. We’ll
help you get set up with the essentials you need to work from home or the office. We also offer an
attractive range of additional benefits, including:
● Competitive compensation packages including a long-term equity program.
● Comprehensive group benefits package and company sponsored retirement savings
plan (details depend on your country of work).
● Professional development opportunities: education reimbursement, learning allowance,
company-sponsored workshops, and more!
● Generous holiday allowance, sick leave, parental leave, flexibility including Flex Fridays,
and the opportunity to work from abroad.
● Charity matching and time off for community volunteering and DE&I
● Regular virtual and in-person events and socials.