Salesforce QA Engineer - Remote
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing R&D team, where you will be ensuring the quality of our award-winning global voice platform.
Working alongside colleagues in an agile environment to carry out software testing and quality assurance activities as part of the Research and Development team. Ensuring that the company’s products and services meet the highest possible quality standards.
- You are an experienced QA with around 1 plus years of experience with testing Salesforce applications.
- You have excellent communication skills including fluent spoken and written English and are able to confidently communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You have a creative aspect to your personality; good at forming new ideas and demonstrating them to others
- Enthusiastic, with a desire to learn and expand knowledge
- Analytical and methodical, with an eye for detail and a desire to discover defects and an ability to communicate findings effectively
- Able to work under pressure, and to prioritise and work within tight time scales in order to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to make progress with minimal supervision,but seeks help when required at the same time be able to lead and guide the team with best practices.
- Flexible approach to work, including managing changing priorities, and a willingness to work with others where required and participate in peer reviews
- An interest in communications and voice technologies
- You are able to analyse and understand new and existing software components and requirements
- You have experience in working with customer support teams to analyse, reproduce, and report on any software faults, and liaise with software developers to ensure problem scenarios are understood
- Actively contribute towards technical documentation, peer reviews, design reviews, team review meetings, and project planning
- Gather test requirements and produce test specifications
- Design and implement testing scenarios and tools for use by the team and wider department
- Execute test cases, scripts, and scenarios, ranging from new feature testing to post-release validation checks
- Contribute towards the definition of processes to improve overall quality standards and testing efficiency
- Configure and maintain test environments.
Skills you will bring
- Able to convert requirements to test cases and execute those tests
- Ability to document test scripts and scenarios
- Ability to work with databases such as MySQL, including querying data
- Experience working on terminal based systems
- Hands on knowledge of working with version control systems (ideally GIT)
- Attention to detail and desire to learn new skills and technologies
- Understanding of automated testing and a willingness to learn and explore new technologies
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases for Salesforce applications, focusing on various Salesforce modules such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Community/Experience Cloud.
- Utilise Salesforce’s sandbox environments for testing purposes and ensure alignment with production environments.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and ensure that these are accurately translated into test scenarios.
- Perform functional, regression, integration, and end-to-end testing of Salesforce solutions
- Stay updated with the latest Salesforce updates and features, ensuring that testing strategies and practices are aligned with these changes.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum meetings, including planning, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups, to stay aligned with project timelines and deliverables.
We would love it if you also had
- A working knowledge of VOIP protocols including SIP and RTP
- Knowledge of defect management tools such as TestRail and Jira
- Ability to use analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Automated testing experience using commercial or in-house tools
- Have any Salesforce Certification such as Salesforce Certified Administrator or Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- Have Salesforce CPQ knowledge
Import common benefits for this location
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a great range of benefits
* 25 days annual leave - increasing to 30 after 2 years (exclusive of bank holidays)
* An allowance of £50 per month to cover costs of home-working
* Perkbox: A range of outstanding employee discounts
* Private health care with Vitality - after probation
* Cycle To Work Scheme
* Staff-referral programme
We are a remote first organisation and can accept applications from across the UK